• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

5 years post sleeve and 3 years post Gastric bypass- I have so much restriction when eating

I am 3 years out from gastric bypass after having complications with the sleeve ( reflux) and my weight has dropped to level that is becoming concerning. I am at 134 and steadly lose weight monthly and I am not even trying. I just had a procedure to expand my stomach in March as I was having issues with food not going in and vomiting. It started as every once and a while if I at something very dense and did not chew well then it was happening daily. I had scar tissue form and the opening to my stomach could only accept liquids. I dealt with that for month till I could get in to have it cleaned out and stomach expanded as I am not able to eat more then couple bites of any food. I have struggled with this from the start but as time goes by my stomach is not liking any foods other then carbs like crackers and now that is limited. My ideal weight with my bone structure was 165 by the doctors recommendations, I am 30+ below that and I dont look good cause it has been fast weight loss so huge about of lose skin. Anyone have huge restrictions on food consumption?

Back