• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

5 mos post op

lily lohan

new here almost 5 pos out gbs . I'm not sure i made the right decision. i was a marginal patient meaning my vmi was 35 with high bp and prediabetes ,back pain and my gallbladder needed to come out. I'm 5'6 ft i was 212lbs at a size 14 I'm now 154 and a size 6. i dont know how because my waist measures 35 inches. the last time i wore a size 6 i was 12 years old and my waist was 26 inches. anyway, please be kind in your responses lol I'm happy with the loss amount but facing other issues/problems. i dont want to loose any more but dr says i will loose 25 more pounds. overall things went good. but lately after 3 bites of food i get to feeling sick in my stomach or feel weak/dizzy and its not unhealthy food. so i dk what going on. also i struggle with body image issues and just being "seen" if that makes ant sense. when i was heavy i didnt get much attention and i thought i didnt like that. but with the weight loss i do and 70 percent of the time i dont want it. my primary said its called adjustment disorders anyone else experienced this. i also have guilt for having the surgery for those who want it and dont have insurance coverage or are fearful which i completely understand.

new here almost 5 pos out gbs . I'm not sure i made the right decision. i was a marginal patient meaning my vmi was 35 with high bp and prediabetes ,back pain and my gallbladder needed to come out. I'm 5'6 ft i was 212lbs at a size 14 I'm now 154 and a size 6. i dont know how because my waist measures 35 inches. the last time i wore a size 6 i was 12 years old and my waist was 26 inches. anyway, please be kind in your responses lol I'm happy with the loss amount but facing other issues/problems. i dont want to loose any more but dr says i will loose 25 more pounds. overall things went good. but lately after 3 bites of food i get to feeling sick in my stomach or feel weak/dizzy and its not unhealthy food. so i dk what going on. also i struggle with body image issues and just being "seen" if that makes ant sense. when i was heavy i didnt get much attention and i thought i didnt like that. but with the weight loss i do and 70 percent of the time i dont want it. my primary said its called adjustment disorders anyone else experienced this. i also have guilt for having the surgery for those who want it and dont have insurance coverage or are fearful which i completely understand.
Hey Lily. I feel you. I am wondering, though about your bp and glucose. If I feel weak and dizzy it has to do with one or both of those. I can relate to you on the changes. Though I was in the opposite order. I gained weight from a size 10/12 to 22/24. So when I got the catcalls before I just didn't like it but I didn't get upset. Now I am wondering why they stopped, silly I know. I have a friend who is skin and bones and eats to keep some weight on. She is very active and all but she wishe's she didn't lose the weight she tries to keep. Her pants, you see. Anyway, I just wanted to congratulate you on your successes. Life is a challenge and so far you have made it. Keep up the good work.

Welcome Lily :) Has your high blood pressure gone down since the surgery? Are you still considered pre-diabetic? Do you still have back pain? Did they take your gall bladder out? I hope that most of these medical issues cleared up for you! If any of these issues have gotten resolved, there should be no guilt associated with the surgery. You have taken steps to take care of yourself, and hopefully your seeing improvement in your overall health! I recommend reading a blog entry on here called 'Second Place Syndrome, Self care is not selfish' - you may find it helpful and encouraging with your feelings of guilt. I would definitely contact your surgeon about the issues your having with food. I would think with an EGD they could take a look at things and figure out what the issue is pretty quickly. It could be a range of things from too tight of an opening to a partially 'numb' stomach, all of which cause nausea and dizziness but it's something they can adjust for you and get you back to where you need to be. I hope your journey improves and your able to adjust and enjoy your new healthy life! :)

You shouldn't feel guilty, you have done nothing wrong, congratulations on the weight loss.

Back