• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Adding some Ooomph to your protein shakes

I have been using PB2 powdered peanut butter, 85% fat free, in my protein shakes for a while, up until I started phase II.
http://www.bellplantation.com/products.html
Add a serving of the powder to your chocolate protein shake and you'd swear your drinking a peanut butter cup.

Last night I made a reasonable gingerbread shake using my vanilla protein powder, adding some powdered vanilla, ginger, cloves and cinnamon. Add to your taste.

I also make cinnamon hot chocolate with my chocolate protein powder and a tad of LorAnn cinnamon oil. Mice thing about the LorAnn flavorings, no alcohol and comes in many varieties and flavors.

You can make an Orange Dreamsicle shake using LorAnn orange or A thin mint using LorAnn mint flavoring.

The possibilities are limited by your imagination.

I get my LorAnn flavorings at a local bakery supply house. They are also available on line as well.

Okay, I'll admit my ignorance...had no idea thee was even "powdered" flavoring made in the world! Will have to go check this out.

Are flavorings in liquid "bad"? Know some have alchol, but most of the "over the shelf" variety do not...so is there something else that is not good about them? Just my wonderings.

Back