• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

almost 1 year out post op and I have Question

emt403

Had Ryn bypass Last February every since then have been having problems with my bowels, was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I go to bathroom at least 25 times or more per day taking fiber supplement to help build that up. Have had colonoscopy everything checked out fine. I know you can have problems with gas but this is way beyond that its to point you don't even want to go out of house.

Had Ryn bypass Last February every since then have been having problems with my bowels, was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I go to bathroom at least 25 times or more per day taking fiber supplement to help build that up. Have had colonoscopy everything checked out fine. I know you can have problems with gas but this is way beyond that its to point you don't even want to go out of house.
Welcome.

I see you are losing weight; keep it up.

Have you been back to your surgeon about this issue you are having?

If not, then I would suggest setting up a visit.
I see that you have had a colonoscopy and it is good that everything checked out fine.

What are you eating?

Perhaps you cannot tolerate something you are eating.

But in any case, I hope your bariatric team, including the nutritionist can help you out.

In the mean time if anyone here has had the experience I would hope they chime in.

My problem has always been the exact opposite, constipation.

Are you having too many veggies or fruits?

Are your getting your required protein in everyday 60 grams?

This is something you should go over in great detail with your surgeon, but perhaps more importantly your bariatric nutritionist.

Best wishes,

Ralph

In my experience, this all has to do with what you are eating. The first year after my RNY surgery, I was constipated most all of the time. I ate mainly protein, eggs, meat, fish and a VERY small amount of veggies, green beans, stewed tomatoes and that was about it. I lost weight fast but my bowel movements were hard like a rock. Then after a year I found if I ate a lot of cooked onions in my meat, then my bowel movements were normal. I also found out if I ate fruit it was on the soft side. I found out that occasionally if I had a small desert with sugar in it that I went loose, sometimes even liquid. Sugar makes my stomach feel nauseated. I mainly stay away from sugar except for special occasions, a tiny piece of birthday cake etc. I would say for you to try changing your diet around. Try eating more protein and less of everything else. I think the key is in the diet.

Good luck,

Cheyenne :cool:

Thanks for the feed back. I'm sure that i'm getting the right amount of protein and I do eat my veggies not a lot of fruit or sugar. I go for my yearly check up next month so I will be talking to doctor and nutrisionist. Started keeping log of everything I eat and drink to take with me. Thanks again for feedback.

Linda

how long have you been suffering like this . call to make an appt to see your surgeon asap. with all these trips to the bathroom likely you're dehydrated and loosing vitamins and nutrients .

Back