• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Bra Question.

Kathy GN

Does anyone have advice how to go down with bra sizes when losing weight? Clothing can be worn tight / loose, but bra's really kind of have to fit right. I'm wondering how people dealt with that.
Thanks,
Kathy

Does anyone have advice how to go down with bra sizes when losing weight? Clothing can be worn tight / loose, but bra's really kind of have to fit right. I'm wondering how people dealt with that.
Thanks,
Kathy
that's a good question.i really don't have an answer but I think I will keep wearing mine until one day they are just to lose.

Thank you. I bought one that is a cup size smaller and two inches smaller. I will use that as a guage when I'm ready to buy new. Someone at work who had the gastric bypass told me that safety pins became her friend. She pinned everything she could as it was getting too large. I'll keep that in mind too.

Thank you. I bought one that is a cup size smaller and two inches smaller. I will use that as a guage when I'm ready to buy new. Someone at work who had the gastric bypass told me that safety pins became her friend. She pinned everything she could as it was getting too large. I'll keep that in mind too.
I resorted to sports bras. I could wear them awhile and they are cheap. I just buy the three packs at Walmart for about ten bucks. Never thought about safety pins, with my luck the pin would pop opening me lol.

I also wear sports bras, they are comfortable and I haven't had to buy different sizes because they only stretch as much as they need to if that makes sense,

Thanks,
Kathy
I have the bras I had on the way up in weight. I figure I will wear them on the way down.

Sherist, that is great. I am not losing on top as fast as I thought I would. I seem to be going down in pants sizes faster, which is good. I've bought a couple of sports bra's, which aren't an exact size. I got rid of a couple older ones that were on the stretched out side, and still am using the ones that were just getting tight. I guess I'll figure it out as I go.

My personality is to plan out and know what I need. I guess with this one, I'll have to ride it out. Would be nice to find a store that will measure me too. Wonder if anyone knows if any stores will still do that? I don't usually shop high end, so maybe there?

Sherist, that is great. I am not losing on top as fast as I thought I would. I seem to be going down in pants sizes faster, which is good. I've bought a couple of sports bra's, which aren't an exact size. I got rid of a couple older ones that were on the stretched out side, and still am using the ones that were just getting tight. I guess I'll figure it out as I go.

My personality is to plan out and know what I need. I guess with this one, I'll have to ride it out. Would be nice to find a store that will measure me too. Wonder if anyone knows if any stores will still do that? I don't usually shop high end, so maybe there?

Victoria Secrets will do measurements even if you don't buy anything from them. I will go back to them to do this once I have lost some more weight so I know what size I need to buy.

Back