• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Cold food

I'm having a problem with food. I make the food, but by the time it is cooked all excitement and want of the food is done. I usually make sure I eat a little anyway. I usually put it off and then the food is cold. I usually reheat 2-3 times before I get 1/2 cup down. I enjoy cooking and then I'm satisfied. Has anyone else had this happen?

I'm having a problem with food. I make the food, but by the time it is cooked all excitement and want of the food is done. I usually make sure I eat a little anyway. I usually put it off and then the food is cold. I usually reheat 2-3 times before I get 1/2 cup down. I enjoy cooking and then I'm satisfied. Has anyone else had this happen?
I find that the food I cook is always cold by the time I actually finish it. It actually doesn't worry me so much though as I can eat it cold. I might reheat it but that depends of what the food is. But for me though I got used to this from work. I couldn't leave for a lunch break as I always had to be available for user support, and many times I had to leave my hot lunch to help someone with the software support, and my lunch would have turned cold when I returned. I wonder if you were to put your food inside something insulated so that when you were not eating it you can keep it warm.

I enjoy creating the food but then I just sit and look at it. After it's cold I'll reheat it or eat some cold before putting it away. I think it's strange because I was so use to buying fast food and then eating it fast before it got cold. Now I need to find some recipes of food that is good cold. So far tuna is my favorite.

Yes...
It's been 16 years since I had my surgery and I'm still trying to find creative ways to make food more appetizing. After I had my surgery things change in term of enjoying my food after cooking it. I would always say to others "I got full just by cooking." Like you... I would eat something anyway. I would pull out one of my big ugly plates to serve my. I picked the big plate, so that I could put enough food on it to go back and forth eating.

I don't know about you but I also love to look at the Cooking Channels. One day, while watching the cooking show the host gave some advice on how you can make food more appetizing. He said... "make your food look sexy."

I took the cooking host advice and replaced my large ugly plate for a small decorative plate. I drink my water with lemon in it out of a wine glass. Cooking food still satisfy me, But creating a beautiful meal excites me. The only problem I have now... is that the food is looking too good to eat. So, I take pictures before I eat. If you try this make sure you take pictures.

BON APPETIT!!!

I find that the food I cook is always cold by the time I actually finish it. It actually doesn't worry me so much though as I can eat it cold. I might reheat it but that depends of what the food is. But for me though I got used to this from work. I couldn't leave for a lunch break as I always had to be available for user support, and many times I had to leave my hot lunch to help someone with the software support, and my lunch would have turned cold when I returned. I wonder if you were to put your food inside something insulated so that when you were not eating it you can keep it warm.
That sounds like a good ideal to put your food in a insulated bag. You might want to try eating out a of smaller plates and bowls, so that you could finish your food while it's hot. I hope this helped.
Best Wishes!!

Yes...
It's been 16 years since I had my surgery and I'm still trying to find creative ways to make food more appetizing. After I had my surgery things change in term of enjoying my food after cooking it. I would always say to others "I got full just by cooking." Like you... I would eat something anyway. I would pull out one of my big ugly plates to serve my. I picked the big plate, so that I could put enough food on it to go back and forth eating.

I don't know about you but I also love to look at the Cooking Channels. One day, while watching the cooking show the host gave some advice on how you can make food more appetizing. He said... "make your food look sexy."

I took the cooking host advice and replaced my large ugly plate for a small decorative plate. I drink my water with lemon in it out of a wine glass. Cooking food still satisfy me, But creating a beautiful meal excites me. The only problem I have now... is that the food is looking too good to eat. So, I take pictures before I eat. If you try this make sure you take pictures.

BON APPETIT!!!
Exactly, I'll give it a try.

Back