• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Counting calories

I am eight weeks post-op. Does anyone track their calories? Because I do not want to gain any weight or plateau. I know I'm eating less than a 1000 at this point. Going to regular foods is not as easy as I thought. Also I am aware that I still need to eat healthy and make wise choices. Does anyone have one bite of a favorite food without gaining?

I am eight weeks post-op. Does anyone track their calories? Because I do not want to gain any weight or plateau. I know I'm eating less than a 1000 at this point. Going to regular foods is not as easy as I thought. Also I am aware that I still need to eat healthy and make wise choices. Does anyone have one bite of a favorite food without gaining?
I can eat pizza with out gaining but full after 3/4 to 1 piece... As long as it is moderation you should be good. If indulged in pizza everyday i am sure i would regret it.. I do tolerate pastas well so I stay away, I haven't tried any sugar and don't plan to, would hate to get the dumping syndrome. I am down 95 lbs since surgery in feb 17.... there are healthy alternatives to almost every food.... On pizza i have done a cassarole no crust and it was so good.... If you look for baratrics recipes there are tons of them... Best of luck

I can eat pizza with out gaining but full after 3/4 to 1 piece... As long as it is moderation you should be good. If indulged in pizza everyday i am sure i would regret it.. I do tolerate pastas well so I stay away, I haven't tried any sugar and don't plan to, would hate to get the dumping syndrome. I am down 95 lbs since surgery in feb 17.... there are healthy alternatives to almost every food.... On pizza i have done a cassarole no crust and it was so good.... If you look for baratrics recipes there are tons of them... Best of luck
Thanks I look them up

In a very small amount, I have been able to have my favorite, Mexican Food, without gaining weight. Just make sure you don't indulge too much and too often.

I have a friend that underwent this surgery a year ago. She is convinced that at some time in the future I will have a craving for some of my past favorite foods. She encouraged me to eat them...well, one bite of them to silence the craving. Then she told me since I would need to chew it forever, when I was done I could just spit it out instead of swallow it. I think she's crazy, but it is an option :p

I go to classes for bariatric patients and they said a craving only last about 15 minutes so if you can hold out that long it will pass good luck

Back