• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Didn't chew well enough

I am allowed rotisserie chicken at this point, so I decided to make some chicken in my pressure cooker, I did it the other day and it was fine, but today it wasn't as tender and I didn't chew the first bite as well as I should, ugh talk about pain and I felt like I was going to throw up so I took a walk on treadmill and then sat down and rested for a little while and the pain past, don't want to go through that again

I have the same problem sometimes. It is very painful. The main problem I'm having is heartburn. Never had that before surgery.

I did have heartburn before surgery but it was well controlled by medication which I am still taking, did your Dr put you on meds for heartburn, if not maybe you could ask, I know you can buy it over the counter but it is much cheaper with a prescription, and about my pain last night, it did pass but this morning my stomach does not feel so good so I took two Tylenol, hoping that helps, unless it is all in my head lol

I did have heartburn before surgery but it was well controlled by medication which I am still taking, did your Dr put you on meds for heartburn, if not maybe you could ask, I know you can buy it over the counter but it is much cheaper with a prescription, and about my pain last night, it did pass but this morning my stomach does not feel so good so I took two Tylenol, hoping that helps, unless it is all in my head lol
No I haven't said anything to him yet. I am taking tums when this happens. It happens mostly over nite. I guess I am trying to avoid taking meds. I hope you feel better soon.

I am allowed rotisserie chicken at this point, so I decided to make some chicken in my pressure cooker, I did it the other day and it was fine, but today it wasn't as tender and I didn't chew the first bite as well as I should, ugh talk about pain and I felt like I was going to throw up so I took a walk on treadmill and then sat down and rested for a little while and the pain past, don't want to go through that again
Hi Tracy, this is one of the many reason I joined this support group. This post confirms what my Dr. and others that have had B S. I'll have to remember to chew,chew,chew my food. Thank you and wish you the best.

I'm new to this. Im dealing with nausea no matter what I do. Will I ever feel good again. ☹️
We can suffer together. My surgery for bypass was on 12/6 and I'm still dealing with nausea. Like you, I'm wondering if I will ever feel good again. There are days I question whether or not I did the right thing. I have NO energy and to try to get out and walk is a joke. I made it through a 1/4 of Costco and had to go sit down. I need to obviously build up my stamina again. Good luck to you!!

We can suffer together. My surgery for bypass was on 12/6 and I'm still dealing with nausea. Like you, I'm wondering if I will ever feel good again. There are days I question whether or not I did the right thing. I have NO energy and to try to get out and walk is a joke. I made it through a 1/4 of Costco and had to go sit down. I need to obviously build up my stamina again. Good luck to you!!
So sorry to hear this. I know a bypass is so different from the sleeve. My sleeve was on 12-23 and my energy level is almost back to normal. But I do feel a difference if I don't get my protein I need or my liquid. I hope you start to feel better soon and get your energy back.

So sorry to hear this. I know a bypass is so different from the sleeve. My sleeve was on 12-23 and my energy level is almost back to normal. But I do feel a difference if I don't get my protein I need or my liquid. I hope you start to feel better soon and get your energy back.
I'm glad you have your energy back. That is so important. I think I've just been laying around too much as right after surgery, when I felt good, my energy level was normal. Just have to fight through the nausea and get off my butt. Lol.

I'm glad you have your energy back. That is so important. I think I've just been laying around too much as right after surgery, when I felt good, my energy level was normal. Just have to fight through the nausea and get off my butt. Lol.
Yeah one day at a time. Just keep remembering you did this for a reason. Your life will be so much better. And you will get through the bad days. I did a little shopping yesterday for myself. Down 1-1/2 sizes. It was a great feeling trying on those jeans. That was a you got this moment. It's not alway about the number on the scale. Just keep pushing on one day at a time. Little steps turn into bigger ones. You have a friend in me. We can do this together.

Yeah one day at a time. Just keep remembering you did this for a reason. Your life will be so much better. And you will get through the bad days. I did a little shopping yesterday for myself. Down 1-1/2 sizes. It was a great feeling trying on those jeans. That was a you got this moment. It's not alway about the number on the scale. Just keep pushing on one day at a time. Little steps turn into bigger ones. You have a friend in me. We can do this together.
Congrats on the smaller size. That is awesome. I am about the same size difference. It feels good!!! We WILL do this together!

I'm glad I haven't had much nausea, although the day I didn't chew well enough sucked, I went back to work yesterday and we had a field trip planned, I went with instead of staying back at school, not a good choice, I was squatting down to take a pic of one of our kids milking a fake cow and. Lost my balance and went down, talk about inbarrassing, later I got dizzy, day two wasn't much better, alot of running, didn't get enough liquids in me, and now I am so tired, luckly I have a 3 day weekend to rest

I'm glad I haven't had much nausea, although the day I didn't chew well enough sucked, I went back to work yesterday and we had a field trip planned, I went with instead of staying back at school, not a good choice, I was squatting down to take a pic of one of our kids milking a fake cow and. Lost my balance and went down, talk about inbarrassing, later I got dizzy, day two wasn't much better, alot of running, didn't get enough liquids in me, and now I am so tired, luckly I have a 3 day weekend to rest
Oh my. You need to take care of yourself. We all have to remember that our life is different and we have to do things to keep us functioning property. I have to keep reminding myself that I have to come first. What I need to function has to come first.

I know, it is a learning process, I need to keep my drink in my hand at all times, because if I set it down time will fly and I won't get any in me, I need one of those hats that hold my liquid and if I could I would suck on the straw all day, but know straws are allowed either lol

I KNOQ HOW IT IS I HAVE PAIN EVERY TIME I EAT , SOMETIMES ITS SO BAD THAT IT MAKES ME SICK, HAD MY SLEVE DONE AUGUST 26,2016.

I can understand the pain with not chewing enough or eating to quick... I have been working hard to keep it slow, still have the military gulp gulp done... Have slowed though taken a few months...

Back