• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

First post-op visit to the surgeon's office

fuww57

I had the surgery on 8/23. Went to see the surgeon for my follow-up visit and got weighed for the first time since I left the hospital. In the 3 1/2 weeks since the surgery I lost 36 lbs. I was in a state of disbelief, although there were tell-tale signs, since I could see a turkey neck was already starting and I tried on my tuxedo which fits me perfectly and the last time I tried it on in April '12, I couldn't fasten the trousers. I was hoping to lose about 50 lbs by the end of October, thinking it was an unrealistic goal, but who know, I'm more than half way there.

The news gets even better. I saw my nutritionist today and according to her records, since my first visit to her in March I dropped a total of 52 pounds. She was also very happy with the way I'm handling the program as far as following her guidance on proper nutrition and even liked one of my protein rich concoctions.

That's sooo good to hear and gives all of us encouragement!! Keep going and be proud of yourself!! You're working hard and you can see the pay off that's taking place! You're in control now!! :)

Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement. It's a relief to have made it to this point. Don't have any doctor/nutritionist visits now for 2 months. I just got a new scale that appears to be very, very accurate. It's about a pound less than what I weighed yesterday at the nutritionist but I was wearing a lot more clothing and had walking shoes on so this scale must be on the nose. Now I can weigh myself at home. Nutritionist says to only weigh myself once a month but I don't think I can hold out that long. LOL

Back