• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

First visit with surgeon

Deb1809

I had my first visit with my surgeon on Thursday. Been pretty bummed since then. I just had my gallbladder out last month and the doctor did an endoscopy while I was under. I have polyps in my stomach so the surgeon now wants to do another endoscopy to find out where they are. If I have them all over then I will not be able to have the surgery done. But he says if they are located only in the upper portion then he can do a gastric sleave instead of bypass. Wasn't too crazy on having the sleave done to begin with. Just need a little encouragement I suppose. Not sure what to do now. :(

DEB 1809
sorry to hear you are going through so much, I don't understand why dr didn't remove the polyps while he was already in there doing the gallbladder. we can pray and ask GOD that you receive the best treatment and the right one for you and your body. I know how it feels to want this surgery and the unknown and waiting is the hard part. been on my journey since jan, and still no surgery date, I pray you get good news soon and it all works out well for you.
Donna

Thanks Donna for answering. I think the doc just took a couple to do biopsies which came back negative. I guess I'll know more when I have the second endoscopy done. I just hate having to have that done again. but suppose the surgeon is just being cautious. I'm sorry you do not have a surgery date yet and will pray for you also. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Really don't want the sleave. Have a good day.

Deb,

Was wondering the same thing about not removing polyps initially - perhaps they weren't equipped to do so at that time.
Did you ask him why you couldn't have a roux-en-y, presuming that's what you really want w/the gall bladder?
I think that's a fair question.
It would probably we too expensive & putting you under twice adds more risk to do 2 separate surgeries.

I'm praying they'll get the polyps out and there is nothing wrong w/them & the rest works itself out with the best possible outcome.

Had an endoscopy with colonoscopy for before surgery paperwork sent under monitored anesthesia.
Last week they tried w/twilight - bad idea, I fought the surgeon off a couple of times & they aborted procedure.
Will ever have w/o monitored anesthesia again.

You know your body best, ask the questions to fully understand the feedback given.

Best wishes for all outcomes.

Back