• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Food.

Carolyn270

Hey guys. I have a conundrum. I don't like to eat, then when I do its probably too much at once. I would rather drink gallons of liquid than eat a meal. Probably why I'm big. My body is already in starvation mode and stores what I do eat. Prefer a shake or something...what's your thought?

Try getting a food app where you can keep track of the food you eat and drink. Try adding low calorie protein shakes to your diet. Look for protein shakes under 200 calories. If your drinking a lot of sugar calories it's not good for you. If you change it to something healthy you will start losing. You can't drink soda or carbonated beverages because the bubbles stretch out your stomach. Try some flavored water in between protein drinks. Women should have at least 60 grams of protein a day to lose weight. If your having less your body thinks it's in starvation mode. Be careful of flavored coffee drinks they can add the calories quickly. Those "healthy" juice drinks take all the fruit calories but you don't get any fiber. You wouldn't sit and eat 6 oranges but 8 ounces of orange juice is easy to gulp down. The problem is the body doesn't know the difference. I was never a breakfast person but I had to change. Your body needs food several times a day to get your metabolism working. It's easier to jump start with a protein drink. Soon your find yourself waking up hungry which will be a good sign.

Hey guys. I have a conundrum. I don't like to eat, then when I do its probably too much at once. I would rather drink gallons of liquid than eat a meal. Probably why I'm big. My body is already in starvation mode and stores what I do eat. Prefer a shake or something...what's your thought?
Protein shakes are better than nothing. Aim for one with a minimum 20g protein. I use one that has 30g. Makes it easy to hit my protein requirement of 60g per day. I start every day with one and there are days that I can't stomach the idea of food, so I'll have one for lunch. My nutrionist said it is ok to have shakes for dinner as long as you get that 60g of protein in. Also, I agree with Anna. No empty calorie drinks like orange juice or any fruit juice. No protein and you'd be surprised at how many carbs are in them. I've been told to have a max of 60g of carbs per day.

Let us know if you need anything else

Protein shakes are better than nothing. Aim for one with a minimum 20g protein. I use one that has 30g. Makes it easy to hit my protein requirement of 60g per day. I start every day with one and there are days that I can't stomach the idea of food, so I'll have one for lunch. My nutrionist said it is ok to have shakes for dinner as long as you get that 60g of protein in. Also, I agree with Anna. No empty calorie drinks like orange juice or any fruit juice. No protein and you'd be surprised at how many carbs are in them. I've been told to have a max of 60g of carbs per day.

Let us know if you need anything else
7lbs less with the pre op diet! But I'm sooo hungry. Feel like I'm not getting enough to drink. And my sugar isn't too low 69 being the lowest but it makes me feel sick, weak and wobbly. I bought snacks and triscut crackers as well as protein shakes. I am eating til I get full instead of just satisfied. I just don't know what else to do besides listen to my stomach growl and watch my sugar drop. Anyone else have this problem?

Back