• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Get hungry after eating meal

SR_43720

Have problems with feeling hugry after eating like thirty minutes after any suggestions on why tgis is happening????

Is it actual hunger? 9 times out of 10 it is actually thirst, although it feels like hunger. You might try drinking a glass of water then waiting a bit to see if that helps? Also, are you eating without drinking during or after to let the food settle in your stomach? I struggled with this for awhile, it was so natural to eat and drink together at every meal. I would be interested to know what you figure out though, seems like a common issue with sleeve patients.

Is it actual hunger? 9 times out of 10 it is actually thirst, although it feels like hunger. You might try drinking a glass of water then waiting a bit to see if that helps? Also, are you eating without drinking during or after to let the food settle in your stomach? I struggled with this for awhile, it was so natural to eat and drink together at every meal. I would be interested to know what you figure out though, seems like a common issue with sleeve patients.
It is definitely an issue with me as well. I gotta eat every two hours like a baby. I do struggle with the eating and drinking still. I also think I wanna sue slim fast for false advertising. Says curbs hunger for 4 hours or some such. My hunger isn't curbed upon finishing the bottle. I think I am eating the wrong things sometimes. Baked or mashed potatoes have too much carbs, huh? Seems like its back to square two. But I will prevail. Cause I said so :rolleyes::cool::p

It is definitely an issue with me as well. I gotta eat every two hours like a baby. I do struggle with the eating and drinking still. I also think I wanna sue slim fast for false advertising. Says curbs hunger for 4 hours or some such. My hunger isn't curbed upon finishing the bottle. I think I am eating the wrong things sometimes. Baked or mashed potatoes have too much carbs, huh? Seems like its back to square two. But I will prevail. Cause I said so :rolleyes::cool::p

Carolyn, you always make me smile with your posts :) My nutritionist told me I couldn't do slim fast anything. Says they aren't good. I'm going to figure out why she thinks so, and I'll get back to you. As for potatoes, they are high in starch and turn to sugar quickly after eating them. :( I love potatoes but I can't eat them now either, which makes for a sad, sad day. :( On the plus side, I can now eat a little beef with no issues. I was so thinking I would end up unable to handle beef or milk but so far, no real issues from either, just took awhile to get back to some things. I also wonder if I'll be in your shoes a year from now, when I actually rediscover being hungry. We'll see I guess. :p

Back