• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Has anyone tried the tofu pasta??

donnayork

I was wondering if anyone has tired it an if it was ok?? I don't want to buy any if its not good. I have been doing so much better on trying different meats an things an haven't gotta sick. So I fill like I need to continue trying things. I got stuck in a rut an was eating the same things day in an out cause it went down easy. So if anyone has tried it please let me know. Would love to have spaghetti with my family. Of course tofu kind for me. Thanks.

I have never been a fan of Tofu, but I agree with the wise old man, Dennis. Go for it, the worst thing that could happen is you don't like it.

Frank

:cool:

I assume you are talking about the Shiritaki noodles (in a plastic package in the refrigerated aisle). There is another called Miracle Noodles. I LOVE these and variations that include yam starch based noodles (more clear/white noodles that look more like rice noodles and many are zero carbs and zero/low calorie due to the starch is indigestible and just passes through!). All of these noodles have a more "rubbery" texture than traditional pasta, which lends quite well to asian style dishes better than italian. GREAT asian noodle soup bowls or stirfry, lo mein. However, I do like using the Shiritaki Angel Hair noodles as a substitute for spaghetti. It still is a little rubbery, but the very thin width of the noodle makes this texture a little less noticeable. I'd use a hearty sauce like a thick alfredo, marinara or meat sauce. The initial odor can be strong and offputting but they actually have no flavor and take on whatever flavors you cook with, so just rinse well in cold water before you cook/heat up.

I have also found some good recipes on using spaghetti squash to make "noodles" for spaghetti dishes.

Back