• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

have not even seen Dr yet

Hello I am trying to quit smoking cause Dr won't see me even for first appointment til I have quit for four months, but one of the things I wonder about is pre op weight loss, is there any recommended diet I go on now? What else should I be doing in meantime? Gathering stuff I'll need? What stuff would that be? Anyone know about croboxy hemoglobin test? I took it once and had not smoked but Dr wants me to take it again, I have heard oxygen helps?

Hello I am trying to quit smoking cause Dr won't see me even for first appointment til I have quit for four months, but one of the things I wonder about is pre op weight loss, is there any recommended diet I go on now? What else should I be doing in meantime? Gathering stuff I'll need? What stuff would that be? Anyone know about croboxy hemoglobin test? I took it once and had not smoked but Dr wants me to take it again, I have heard oxygen helps?
Qutting smoking is hard I too quit but I feel better I am due for my surgery on 7/19/2016. The best diet to try is the Gastric bypass diet. http://www.obesitycoverage.com/the-big-gastric-bypass-diet-guide/#week remember to limit you intake of food. Eat 5x's a day small portions, it works I lost 20 pounds pre surgery.

Your physician is looking at your willingness to comply and commit to the program. If your willing to put your all into it there will be no barrier to anything you want to do. My surgeon wanted us on a liquid diet 2 weeks pre-op and would teach you the principles but made you come into monitoring if you did it for an extended period of time. If you try it on your own you can injury yourself without knowing it. Keep the faith and don't let any barrier become permanent for your need to succeed.

Back