• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello everyone!!!

Hello everyone, I had the Gastric Sleeve surgery 5/10/16. I was 280 lbs and am now 215 lbs. I feel that I should be further along. I've been at a Plateau for a month. I have gotten off track with my diet. I've been eating too many carbs and not getting all of my protein each day. I also haven't been drinking enough water. I am very depressed, but am not giving up on myself. I am grateful for a place to vent. I welcome feedback!! I want to win, so please help push me to the finish line! Thanks!

Don't compare your self to others everyone is different, I tried doing that and it dicouraged me, so then I only worried about me, and it is working, it's time for you to start eating right again, maybe you should go back to protein shakes for a while, get your mindset straight and move on from there, I know you have it in you to do it , and you know what you have to do to stay on track, you got this , you can do it

You can do this. We all get discouraged but this group is a big help. I've gotten some great ideas from people on here. It all helps.

Hello Debby, Thanks so much for the encouragement. I'm back on track and will be checking in often with the group. I'm grateful for the great tips and much needed support.

Welcome to the group. Your weight loss is great. You know what you have to do to get back on track. Slowly begin to change your habits back to what they were right after surgery. Don't try to do it all at once. You might get discouraged. You can do it!!!

Hello everyone, I had the Gastric Sleeve surgery 5/10/16. I was 280 lbs and am now 215 lbs. I feel that I should be further along. I've been at a Plateau for a month. I have gotten off track with my diet. I've been eating too many carbs and not getting all of my protein each day. I also haven't been drinking enough water. I am very depressed, but am not giving up on myself. I am grateful for a place to vent. I welcome feedback!! I want to win, so please help push me to the finish line! Thanks!
Hello Sunshine:
Welcome. I am a newbie as well. I think that you are doing a gr8 job:D. Do not be discouraged:(, if it never rained, we would never have rainbows--be encouraged:). Remind yourself that Rome was not built in a dayo_O. However, when it was finished it was amazing:p. So, in short, what I am saying to you is that when you cross that finish line, you are going to say, SELF WE ARE AMAZING:):p;):p:D. Keep up the gr8 work:D:D:D.

Hello Carla, I hope you're well. You're absolutely right! I tend to get in a hurry wanting the lbs to melt away. I have to believe and stay focused. We all do. I'm glad that I have my Group to remind me when I get off track. Thanks for the inspiration! I'll continue to do better!

Sunshine10

Hello Carla, I hope you're well. You're absolutely right! I tend to get in a hurry wanting the lbs to melt away. I have to believe and stay focused. We all do. I'm glad that I have my Group to remind me when I get off track. Thanks for the inspiration! I'll continue to do better!

Sunshine10
Hey Sunshine...IKR:confused:? I do this all the time....as my weight fluctuates, so does my mood:eek::oops:o_O:D...LOL! Thank YOU as well. I am so glad that I have you guys:):D. I also strive to do better on a daily basis:rolleyes::D:p

Back