• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Help please band conversion to Sleeve & Post Op Pain

KatieBull

Hello everyone. Has anyone had a conversion surgery from a lap band to a gastric sleeve? I’m just wondering what the post op pain was like? Mine is excursiating and I’m two weeks out. I keep telling my doctor that I don’t think this level of pain is normal and he says it is because the cut through the stomach muscles on my side to remove my port. I’ve bothered him about this three different times because the intensity just doesn’t seem right to me. I even asked if it was possible they accidentally hit something and he says nope.... just take ibuprofen... I’m hardly even functional and I’m two weeks out. I don’t feel like he’s understanding how bad this is. Can anyone else confirm this is normal. If I move wrong my pain level can easiliy jump to a 10/10.

Hello everyone. Has anyone had a conversion surgery from a lap band to a gastric sleeve? I’m just wondering what the post op pain was like? Mine is excursiating and I’m two weeks out. I keep telling my doctor that I don’t think this level of pain is normal and he says it is because the cut through the stomach muscles on my side to remove my port. I’ve bothered him about this three different times because the intensity just doesn’t seem right to me. I even asked if it was possible they accidentally hit something and he says nope.... just take ibuprofen... I’m hardly even functional and I’m two weeks out. I don’t feel like he’s understanding how bad this is. Can anyone else confirm this is normal. If I move wrong my pain level can easiliy jump to a 10/10.
It might be the Ibuprofen. It's an NSAID and does more damage to the healing belly than good. Take extra strength Tylenol if necessary. But no NSAIDS. Hope you are already feelin better.

Oh wow, a bariatric doctor that told you to take ibuprofen? That is terrible! I think I was warned what felt like a 100 times before surgery that NSAIDS were no longer going to be an option for me, they cause stomach ulcers and bleeding. I'm so shocked, that is so bad for you :( I hope he hasn't caused an ulcer by having you take the wrong medicine for pain! If possible, I would seek a second opinion in this case, the doc sounds unreliable! I hope your pain is getting better!

I had the sleeve 1 month ago and I can say that I've had NO pain aside for the first night after surgery and that was from the gas they inflate your body cavity with. I agree you should go with a second opinion from another doctor because it doesn't sound normal to be in so much pain 2 weeks out.

I had surgery 16 days ago and I am dying. Sour stomach pain. I can barely drink anything . Nausea and I feel like I have something stuck in my troat all the time . I wish I could take it back I am regretting this surgery so bad. I’m irritated and very sad. I’m feeling like I’ve lost all control.

I had surgery 16 days ago and I am dying. Sour stomach pain. I can barely drink anything . Nausea and I feel like I have something stuck in my troat all the time . I wish I could take it back I am regretting this surgery so bad. I’m irritated and very sad. I’m feeling like I’ve lost all control.
I am so sorry! Did they give you something for nausea? I was given something for heartburn too and if i forgot to take that I would start getting nauseous but I also know that not having anything in your stomach can cause me to get nauseous so maybe try some weak broth or something like that but just eat 2 bites every 5 minutes or so. it could be that you are just trying to take in too much too fast. I really hope things get better.

Back