• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi Everybody from Albany NY

Stephen Smith

Hi folks...

I'm new here being 9 days post op for RNY. Still on liquids but I went back to work yesterday. I was getting tired of sitting around the house and it seems my pain is mostly from laying in bed. When I'm up and moving it doesn't seem to hurt much at all. Fortunately my work involves mostly sitting in front of a computer. I've been using my lunch hour to take walks down at Corning Preserve along the Hudson. I can walk for 45 minutes as long as I rest along the way.
Last night I slept without CPAP for the first time and I'm told that I didn't snore. Anyone have that experience this soon after surgery? Its hard to believe since I'm only 25 pounds from my pre-surgery max.

Hi folks...

I'm new here being 9 days post op for RNY. Still on liquids but I went back to work yesterday. I was getting tired of sitting around the house and it seems my pain is mostly from laying in bed. When I'm up and moving it doesn't seem to hurt much at all. Fortunately my work involves mostly sitting in front of a computer. I've been using my lunch hour to take walks down at Corning Preserve along the Hudson. I can walk for 45 minutes as long as I rest along the way.
Last night I slept without CPAP for the first time and I'm told that I didn't snore. Anyone have that experience this soon after surgery? Its hard to believe since I'm only 25 pounds from my pre-surgery max.
I was able to stop wearing mine quickly after surgery... Glad you are doing well... I am going on 5 mths post op... Close to 100 lbs down.... Hope you do well..

Back