• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi I'm new here!

mamabear

Hi!
I am in the process of pre-op for the sleeve and looking for insight and support. So happy I found this online support

Hi. Welcome. I'm sure we all would agree that we will support you best we know how. We look forward to sharing our journey. Wish you well.
Congratulations. I just had my surgery on May 2, 2017. It took about three months. Started on Jan 27th when I first seen my surgeon. It's the best decision I made. I've been off all diabetic meds sense my surgery. I'm in second week of Post op that is the hardest part for me. It's all a new learning experience.

Congratulations. I just had my surgery on May 2, 2017. It took about three months. Started on Jan 27th when I first seen my surgeon. It's the best decision I made. I've been off all diabetic meds sense my surgery. I'm in second week of Post op that is the hardest part for me. It's all a new learning experience.
How r u dealing with it all? What a big change for you

How r u dealing with it all? What a big change for you
The post op is probably the hardest part while the body has to heal. But the pain meds help a lot. It's still like a dream, and I'm on the liguid diet for two to three weeks. So just take it slow and one step at a time. Can't believe it's only been 11 days ago. I think dealing with the three months it took for all the pre op process has been the hardest part. I live with my sister so that has been a big help. I had the bypass and she is going to have the sleeve next month. Before I started the program I had already lost 60 lbs. Then I lost 20 before I had the surgery, so I am half way to my goal. I am so relieved that the surgery part is over with. It's the best decision I made for myself. Just not having to take any diabetic meds is worth it all. My blood glucose readings has been between 96 to 111. It's never been that good. Keeping your mind on all the positive reasons is a big help. Wishing you all the best.

The post op is probably the hardest part while the body has to heal. But the pain meds help a lot. It's still like a dream, and I'm on the liguid diet for two to three weeks. So just take it slow and one step at a time. Can't believe it's only been 11 days ago. I think dealing with the three months it took for all the pre op process has been the hardest part. I live with my sister so that has been a big help. I had the bypass and she is going to have the sleeve next month. Before I started the program I had already lost 60 lbs. Then I lost 20 before I had the surgery, so I am half way to my goal. I am so relieved that the surgery part is over with. It's the best decision I made for myself. Just not having to take any diabetic meds is worth it all. My blood glucose readings has been between 96 to 111. It's never been that good. Keeping your mind on all the positive reasons is a big help. Wishing you all the best.
YOUR BEST IS YET TO COME!!!
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK...

You have come a long way. It's a heck of a journey. Thank goodness you and your sister have eachother for support going through it all together.

You have come a long way. It's a heck of a journey. Thank goodness you and your sister have eachother for support going through it all together.

Hi mamabear,
This is Teresa, I hope you were referring to me in the above quote. If you were...thank you for the compliment. The person in the pictures with me is my daughter. I just celebrated my 50 plus birthday over the weekend. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I'm a daughter, mother and proud grandmother.

You are right... it is a heck of a journey. But, it is one that is worth traveling. It's been 17 years since I traveled down that heck of a journey. PERSONALLY, IF I HAD TO DO IT AGAIN, I WOULD. I'm going to post some of my birthday pictures. I hope they will inspire you, never to give up. IF I CAN DO IT ANYONE CAN DO IT. I AM YOU... AND YOU ARE ME...YOU ARE NEVER ALONE, WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER, LISTENING, LEARNING AND SHARING BECAUSE WE CARE.

ENJOY YOUR RIDE INTO YOUR NEW LIFESTYLE.

Hi!
I am in the process of pre-op for the sleeve and looking for insight and support. So happy I found this online support
I really like this site. I just had my RNY-gastric bypass surgery on May 2, 2017. I had due to diabetes. I was first going to do the sleeve but Dr said the rny bypass was a better option for me. I am so happy I made this decision and have already learned so much from everyone and so nice to get support everyday if you need it. And congratulations on your decision.

I'm at two months post op for the bypass. I've only lost 35 lbs so far. I lost 15 before surgery so all together it's 50. It's coming off super slow. It does get discouraging at times. I'm strictly following high protein low carb diet plan. Most days I get in about 600 calories. Maybe I'm not eating enough protein. At least I'm losing, but when I read stories about massive weight loss, I feel bad.

I'm at two months post op for the bypass. I've only lost 35 lbs so far. I lost 15 before surgery so all together it's 50. It's coming off super slow. It does get discouraging at times. I'm strictly following high protein low carb diet plan. Most days I get in about 600 calories. Maybe I'm not eating enough protein. At least I'm losing, but when I read stories about massive weight loss, I feel bad.

50 lbs is awesome! Congrats! Don't get discouraged, it has only been 2 months and everyone loses at a different pace. The first month is so rough as you heal! :( So bypass would have you at 80-100 grams of protein a day, if you are able at this point? 60 grams will keep you where you are and maintain your current weight and energy levels. Water is key, if on top of the protein you can get the 64+ ounces a day. Took me forever to get there. :oops: Oh and your good fats. Doc told me I had to have good fats to lose the weight. ;) Have you started exercising? I saw bigger jumps in my weight loss after I joined the gym and for the first month all I was doing was walking, and not very fast. Okay I'm rambling, anyway I hope things pick up for you soon! Still, congrats on your progress so far!

Back