• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

new here

I only had to do a week of the liquid diet so I don't really know what to tell you. I still drink protein shakes, for at least 1 meal a day.

Hello, I am new to this forum tonight and I am here to say, while it is work, it is so worth it. I wish you best success.

Hello everyone I have my meeting with my surgeon tomorrow. I have to admit I'm a little bit nervous.
We all can understand the nervous feeling. But with more knowledge comes ease, a lot of unknowns so ask all questions you have. write them down if need be... If you think of new ones or forgot some we are here to help... Good luck

Thank you for the encouragement. Any advice on how to get through the month of the liquid diet?
congratulations!!!
You are on your way...always remember, there is no better feeling than looking good and being healthy. Follow your doctors orders.
Good luck

How did it go? I have mine tomorrow. Got any suggestions or questions I should be mindful of? All the best!
Congratulations!!!
You are on your way...remember there is no better feeling than looking good and being healthy. Follow your doctors orders and you will be fine.
Good luck

I was very pleasantly surprised that the protein drinks kept me full. The first three days were the hardest because I had yo give up caffeine too. Once the headache passed it was a lot easier. I thought of it like a contest to see how much I could lose before surgery. Try getting an app to keep track of your food and water. It will be helpful after surgery to already be in the habit of keeping track.

I was very pleasantly surprised that the protein drinks kept me full. The first three days were the hardest because I had yo give up caffeine too. Once the headache passed it was a lot easier. I thought of it like a contest to see how much I could lose before surgery. Try getting an app to keep track of your food and water. It will be helpful after surgery to already be in the habit of keeping track.

after, awhile you are going to be able to eat the things you eat before surgery. If you want long term weight loss success...Here's my person advice. Try eating anything you want in very small amount. The things that make you sick, try to estimate them totally. If you do this...you will knew that your body requires to stay healthy, while enjoying it. Who wouldn't want to eat... what they wanted and still look good? NOTE: I always tried to incorporate a healthy food alone with something I eaten that might not have been good for me. I tried balancing my eating habit out be while being realistic.

I hope I helped your out.

Back