• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Punkie96

Hello, and thanks for letting me join. I am just 11 days post op, and its already been one heck of a journey! I am looking forward to finding support and to see what has worked for others. Right now my biggest issues is getting the protein drinks down.

If anyone could share what worked for them on this issues it would be greatly appreciated! I am just 11 days post surgery and I am seriously struggling to get these protein drinks down. I am to have 6 scoops a day...........however I want to mix it up. I am lucky to get maybe 4 in. I feel nauseated just thinking about having to go make one up. I can add fruit to mine as long as it doesn't have seeds in it. I am on an all liquids for the first 30 days. I have mixed it with water, no fat milk, almond milk and even blended it into jello mixed with milk. I have run out of ideas on how to change it up so I can stomach them. Besides the fact that it takes me a half hour or longer to be able to get it all drank as it fills me up fast. Any suggestions would be great appreciated!

I am on the products that my doctor provides. He actually developed the product, so my options are only chocolate and vanilla.

Hello, and thanks for letting me join. I am just 11 days post op, and its already been one heck of a journey! I am looking forward to finding support and to see what has worked for others. Right now my biggest issues is getting the protein drinks down.

If anyone could share what worked for them on this issues it would be greatly appreciated! I am just 11 days post surgery and I am seriously struggling to get these protein drinks down. I am to have 6 scoops a day...........however I want to mix it up. I am lucky to get maybe 4 in. I feel nauseated just thinking about having to go make one up. I can add fruit to mine as long as it doesn't have seeds in it. I am on an all liquids for the first 30 days. I have mixed it with water, no fat milk, almond milk and even blended it into jello mixed with milk. I have run out of ideas on how to change it up so I can stomach them. Besides the fact that it takes me a half hour or longer to be able to get it all drank as it fills me up fast. Any suggestions would be great appreciated!
I also drink the Premier shakes. You can get them at Wal Mart or Cosco. I too had trouble finding a shake I could handle, but finally tried these. I'm almost 7 weeks post op and still deal with nausea and it seems to hit about the time i'm supposed to have a shake. You are lucky to be able to have fruit. Good luck and I look forward to seeing you around here.

My doctor recommended protifoods. I order some different kinds. I like the grape flavor. It taste like cool aid. I have added gelatin to it and made gello. I also mixed up a packet and made frozen Popsicles. I'm very excited for the surgery. A lot of people at work have been coming up and giving me a hug. They have been a good support for me. I'm driving to Michigan for the surgery. I have to pay for the surgery because my insurance doesn't cover it. I wish they could be there. I'm scared that the one person that going to meet me there will not arrive on time.

My doctor recommended protifoods. I order some different kinds. I like the grape flavor. It taste like cool aid. I have added gelatin to it and made gello. I also mixed up a packet and made frozen Popsicles. I'm very excited for the surgery. A lot of people at work have been coming up and giving me a hug. They have been a good support for me. I'm driving to Michigan for the surgery. I have to pay for the surgery because my insurance doesn't cover it. I wish they could be there. I'm scared that the one person that going to meet me there will not arrive on time.
I've never heard of Protifoods. I'll have to check them out. I'm glad you found one you like and how to fix it in different ways. That's great that your co workers are so supportive. Didn't you choose to have the surgery in Michigan because your paying for it? I'm so glad my insurance paid for mine or I wouldn't have been able to have it done.

Yes, I chose driving to Michigan because it's cheaper. And there really nice there. I seam to be excited and nervous at the same time. I thought I would be hungry but I'm good there.
I was scared to death, but excited at the same time. A rather odd feeling isn't it. That's great you aren't hungry. I had to do a protein shake diet 2 weeks before my surgery. It made me so sick, the thought of food was not there.

I am going to have to check the grape flavored protein drinks myself. I'm pre-surgery and I get nauseated now trying to drink the premier brand shakes. I am gonna look up the brand Protifoods brand and give those a try.

Back