• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Not to be gross. That's the warning.

I'm five days post op. Yet somehow I had a bowel movement today. Did anyone else have this experience this soon?
I'm assuming you are worried that's why you asked. I had diarrhea as soon as I got home from the hospital. Even though we don't have solid foods, we are still digesting proteins which can cause BMs. Hope you are doing well.

I'm assuming you are worried that's why you asked. I had diarrhea as soon as I got home from the hospital. Even though we don't have solid foods, we are still digesting proteins which can cause BMs. Hope you are doing well.

I was the same way. I was in hospital for 2 days, and then just hours after getting home I had diarrhea, even though I didn't eat anything while in hospital (too nauseous). That was a problem I had for 4 weeks. Glad that is over now though.

I wish I had that problem I didn't go for at least a week or more and needed some assistance with some medicine, I had that problem for a long time afterwards, but it is all good now I also started drinking hot tea, that seemed to help get things moving

Back