• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Pasta

Pat99

How about adding pasta suitable for bariatric surgery patients. I do not like the whole wheat pastas and would like to stick with the more traditional tasting type. There is a brand called Dreamfields that is very low in net carbs because of an encapsulation process that is used which makes most of the carbs undigestable. It is low glycemic. Dreamfields is available in some grocery stores but it is difficult to find a store that carries it. It's pricey compared to regular pasta. I pay around $2.49 to $2.79 for a 12 to 14 ounce box. They have spaghetti, angel hair, linguine, elbows, rotini and lasagna noodles. It tastes exactly like regular pasta because it's made with semolina just like regular pasta. Very yummy!!! Just to clarify things, I am not yet at the stage in my meal plan where I can try pasta yet so I can not guarantee anything but you better believe I have the date marked on my calendar for real mac and cheese or spaghetti!!!

Hi Pat99,
Our store does have a few Pastas that are made specifically for weight loss surgery patients. You can see them in the Entrees & Pastas section. The 2 popular ones are the Cheesy Mac and the Creamy Alfredo. They both have additional protein.

I haven't heard of the Dreamfields Pasta but I'm going to look into it and get ahold of someone there. I did check out their website. The pasta looks pretty good and healthy.
Here's a $1.00 Off coupon I found for the Dreamfields Pasta: COUPON

I was diabetic prior to my surgery and pasta was my food of choice. Dreamfields did not spike my blood sugar levels like regular pasta did. And like I said you really can't tell the difference between it and regular white pasta.

I did see the pasta entrees in the store but I like to make my own. Plus, it's much more economical.

Hi Pat99,
Our store does have a few Pastas that are made specifically for weight loss surgery patients. You can see them in the Entrees & Pastas section. The 2 popular ones are the Cheesy Mac and the Creamy Alfredo. They both have additional protein.

I haven't heard of the Dreamfields Pasta but I'm going to look into it and get ahold of someone there. I did check out their website. The pasta looks pretty good and healthy.
Here's a $1.00 Off coupon I found for the Dreamfields Pasta: COUPON

My order from the store arrived this afternoon around the time I was poking around for something to eat. Since I ordered the cheesesteak pasta I decided to try it. I'm eating it as I write this and I have to say it's very tasty. I will only be able to eat half of the package and plan on saving the left overs for later today or tomorrow. I will order it again and will also try some of the other pasta entrees you have. I also ordered the protein bar variety pack and had a bite of the zesty lemon bar. It's the best protein bar I have ever tasted. The lemon flavor is very natural and it is not overly sweet as most of the protein bars I have tried. I especially like the texture. It's not doughy like most other bars.

Back