• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Post Op Newbie

Hello -
Just had my gastric sleeve done 2 days ago and things are going pretty well. I am wondering what the experience is amongst members here regarding weight loss in the first couple of weeks.

Thanks!

Welcome to the group, congrats on your journey! First couple of weeks was just getting rid of the excess gas they put in you for surgery, learning how to sip and eat slowly, walking, walking walking and letting the pain recede. :)

Welcome to the group, congrats on your journey! First couple of weeks was just getting rid of the excess gas they put in you for surgery, learning how to sip and eat slowly, walking, walking walking and letting the pain recede. :)
Thank Pixx - sounds right. Lots of gas from both ends lol. Good to know that is normal. Pain has been minimal, but sometimes feeling dizzy.

Drink more liquid! Being dizzy is caused by not drinking enough. That is what my Dr. told me. Gas X will help with the gas but not until after a few more weeks. Good luck!

Weight loss is very very slowly at first, then you will start to lose and stop, start again and stop, it does this alot, so don't get frustrated, just keep doing what you are supposed to do, and before you know it, you will feel and look better than you could remember, good luck

Back