• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Shakes

Hopinforthebest

Hi there! My surgery was 6 days ago and I go to my surgeon on Thursday. Anyone get tired of their shakes before they went to see their surgeon?

I am now lactose intolerant so yogurts are a NO for me. I don't like jello. Broths are fine, but I probably only drink 2 or 3 oz and then I'm done for the day.

Any suggestions?

Trying the frozen shakes today!

to this day I still use premier protein shakes. I like the taste and you get 30g protein in each shake.

the three flavors, vanilla, chocolate and strawberry I have enjoyed. I do favor the chocolate.

to this day I still use premier protein shakes. I like the taste and you get 30g protein in each shake.

the three flavors, vanilla, chocolate and strawberry I have enjoyed. I do favor the chocolate.

For some reason, my body did not 'like' the Premier shakes. Bought a whole bunch for my preop liquid diet and they are still in the fridge. They raise my blood pressure somehow...and I don't suffer from high BP.

For some reason, my body did not 'like' the Premier shakes. Bought a whole bunch for my preop liquid diet and they are still in the fridge. They raise my blood pressure somehow...and I don't suffer from high BP.

Have you tried them since your operation?

There could have been other factors that caused your bp to go up at that time.

How much did the bp go up?

I would give it another try.

Also, you are not going to use them at the rate you had to pre-op.

When I use them now I will use one or two in a day at most. Not the 5 or 6 I did at preop.

Best wishes,

Ralph

Have you tried them since your operation?

There could have been other factors that caused your bp to go up at that time.

How much did the bp go up?

I would give it another try.

Also, you are not going to use them at the rate you had to pre-op.

When I use them now I will use one or two in a day at most. Not the 5 or 6 I did at preop.

Best wishes,

Ralph
Thanks for the ideas Ralph, I appreciate the help!

Back