• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Stall in loss

Keith Wells

Bariatric Guru
Hello all, I know it is a typical thing for all to go into a stall. The hard part is not eating crap because the weight isn't coming off..... I just did a week of 4 hrs a day work out. and lost nothing.. but could have just lost fat and gained muscle... I'm going to go back to the shakes to see if I can jump start the loss again.... I'm only 2 mths out. so I need to not rush it.... I am only 35 pounds from my goal weight.... I feel better so I am focusing on that rather then the scale. If I get rid of the extra skin Id be at my goal weight or lower..... But still have time before I do that. Going to step up my exercise routine.... Thanks for being here everyone.

You need to keep eating even when you stall, the protein will keep your muscles strong, don't get on the scale everyday either,( not that I listen to that lol, ), but the weight will start coming off again, for me it seems to come in waves, lose a few, and stall, lose a few and stall, but as long as the numbers are going down and not up you are okay, and the slower the better so you will have less skin also try to cut out as many carbs as you can and just eat protein and a little veggies, you got this, do not get frustrated, that will not help, and think positive

Hello all, I know it is a typical thing for all to go into a stall. The hard part is not eating crap because the weight isn't coming off..... I just did a week of 4 hrs a day work out. and lost nothing.. but could have just lost fat and gained muscle... I'm going to go back to the shakes to see if I can jump start the loss again.... I'm only 2 mths out. so I need to not rush it.... I am only 35 pounds from my goal weight.... I feel better so I am focusing on that rather then the scale. If I get rid of the extra skin Id be at my goal weight or lower..... But still have time before I do that. Going to step up my exercise routine.... Thanks for being here everyone.
There you are. I haven't seen you. I've found for myself that staying active on here will help when you struggle. Even if it is just mental. Also, look at those non scale victories. How are your clothes fitting? What are your measurements? Etc...

Thank you both for the help and guidance. I am back on track a beginning to lose again... slower this time but still dropping.... as far as no scale victories I am very happy from a size 42 down to 36 and they are loose now. More energy, sleep better, less meds.... Things are good

Going to a size 36 is awesome! Also, look how close you are to your weight loss. You seem to be doing great!!!
Thank you, with how loose my pants are getting I see 34's asap.... LOL loving the new me... got some loose skin I am working on but better then the alternative.

Back