• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Stall

Tam Temp

Im 4 weeks post op this wed and ive been in a stall since day 7 and really upset. My dr says i should be losing 4 to 6 lbs a week so i feel like im broken! Does this surgery not workfor some people!

Im 4 weeks post op this wed and ive been in a stall since day 7 and really upset. My dr says i should be losing 4 to 6 lbs a week so i feel like im broken! Does this surgery not workfor some people!
I am 4 weeks post surgery as of yesterday. I stalled 2 weeks in for 2 wks. I started losing again for a week. Now I'm stalled again. You'll start losing again. I have faith that I will.

Looking over the other threads, it seems to be a common thing...so don't worry. Just think of it as your body being stubborn...but you will persevere! Sending hugs and good thoughts your way.

Your body is adjusting to a new way of eating. The way it is looking at it, you are starving it. It is holding on to as many calories as it can. Once it realizes you are feeding it, the weight will begin to come off again. The first few weeks can be rough. Hang in there.

I have my stalling moments to. It will start up again just keep exercising/moving... It is maddening to stall... I am in a stall now have been for a few weeks.. I am just ramping up what I have been doing to kick start it again. I am only 30 lbs from my goal. I think of it as my body challenging me to stay motivated and work on this... It is a reminder that it takes work with the surgery to lose.... can also evaluate what your eating vs what your burning.. Best of luck

Back