• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Teeth Darkening ???

ang843

I had gastric bypass 43 days ago. All of a sudden there was a dark line across my three top front teeth. I swear it appeared in like a day. I was not taking calcium pills because I was not told to do so. I did put my self on them about 4 days ago when I seen the darkness in my smile. Its terrible that's the one thing people always said about me was how nice my smile was. Now its gone. ok pity party over I really just want to know if anybody has had this problem. Thank you in advance.

I had gastric bypass 43 days ago. All of a sudden there was a dark line across my three top front teeth. I swear it appeared in like a day. I was not taking calcium pills because I was not told to do so. I did put my self on them about 4 days ago when I seen the darkness in my smile. Its terrible that's the one thing people always said about me was how nice my smile was. Now its gone. ok pity party over I really just want to know if anybody has had this problem. Thank you in advance.

I never heard of anything like that. I would get online and Google stained teeth from bariatric surgery. Maybe it was caused by your anesthetic. I remember hearing Tetracycline antibiotic can stain teeth. You could call your dentist and ask if they ever heard of something given at surgery causing stained teeth.

Cheyenne

Back