• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

This month makes 5 Years w/ the Band

Hello everyone,

This is my first time being on this site.

I received my LapBand in May of 2011. I recently had 1cc taken out of my band. I have been unable to keep anything down, liquids or solids, for about 3 months. I made changes to my eating and such with no luck of keeping my meals and drinks to stay put. So I went to a new doc, we moved to MD in Feb, and she took out 1cc which was what was put in when I gained 10 pounds back in October of last year. I am doing better. I will say that I have gained about 6 pounds. Last Tuesday I was 123.8 and this morning on my scale it said 129.8. I am a little freaked out because I do not want to be past 130. I do understand that I have a little bit more of an opening to I can sonsume a little more food. But I am regulating myself, and keeping the carbs, calories, fat and sugars low and maintaining high protein consumption. But I am thinking that I should get maybe a half of a fill, that way I can still work out with my weights and maintain my weight between 125-130.

** Anyone out there who has had three C-sections (less or more) and has had LUCK trimming that lower tummy down to where there is no more pouch or lose skin, please let me in on the secret because no amount of work I am doing is getting that area taken care of. It is effecting my abilities to workout and maintain good posture. My back hurts a lot and I have to stretch out at work which isn't a good thing.

Debbie

Back