• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Visit to the nutricionist week number 2

Hello Guys: Tomorrow will be my second week from my surgery in January 16/2014. The dietician will teach me the rules to make my transition into solid food. I guess what to eat and what not to eat....
I am excited. I will weight myself tomorrow to see how many pounds I had lost.
I will tell you tomorrow evening how the visit went.
Thank you for all your support.
Carolina

Hello Guys: Tomorrow will be my second week from my surgery in January 16/2014. The dietician will teach me the rules to make my transition into solid food. I guess what to eat and what not to eat....
I am excited. I will weight myself tomorrow to see how many pounds I had lost.
I will tell you tomorrow evening how the visit went.
Thank you for all your support.
Carolina

Sounds good.

You will probably start with puree foods.

Also, besides weight start taking different measurements. Measure around your waist and anywhere else you are likely to see a change.

Please complete your profile so we can know a little more about you as well especially what type of weight loss surgery you had.

Another measure, which I find to be very important, is what I call "Medical maladies that are diminished/gone". Start noticing the changes in terms of Rx's you no longer require, aches that are going away or gone, climbing stairs without losing your breath, etc.

Get creative.

Here is my list so you can see what I am talking about: (CHANCE TO BRAG AGAIN !!! :) )

Medical/Physical Maladies that have been resolved to date

• Diabetes resolved – off all meds, avg reading 110
• BP normal again – I am still taking bystolic 5mg. Resting pulse is around 60 and BP near or below 120/80. Without the bystolic my resting pulse is still in the 60s. However, my BP goes up to the high 130s/high 80s.
• Sleep Apnea resolved – I am not snoring nor do I believe I am stopping breathing. I will confirm this later this year. The air pressure from the CPAP machine was making me very uncomfortable; lots of burping. I need to make another appointment with Dr.
• Legs no longer swollen
• Waist size has shrunk – Wearing size 44 pants comfortably and just made it into 42 pants.
• Feet are smaller – I was able to put a pair of dress shoes on that I haven’t been able to wear.
• I stay under 1200 calories a day. Most days around 1000 calories.
• I have a lot more energy
• I can dance, dance and dance
• I can walk up neighborhood hills without having to stop; no longer breathless.
• My incontinence due to my prostatectomy has been resolved.
• I am able to sleep in my bed again. I had been sleeping In an upright chair to be comfortable.
• Dramatically reduced backaches; almost completely gone.

Best wishes,

Ralph

Sounds good.

You will probably start with puree foods.

Also, besides weight start taking different measurements. Measure around your waist and anywhere else you are likely to see a change.

Please complete your profile so we can know a little more about you as well especially what type of weight loss surgery you had.

Another measure, which I find to be very important, is what I call "Medical maladies that are diminished/gone". Start noticing the changes in terms of Rx's you no longer require, aches that are going away or gone, climbing stairs without losing your breath, etc.

Get creative.

Here is my list so you can see what I am talking about: (CHANCE TO BRAG AGAIN !!! :) )

Medical/Physical Maladies that have been resolved to date

• Diabetes resolved – off all meds, avg reading 110
• BP normal again – I am still taking bystolic 5mg. Resting pulse is around 60 and BP near or below 120/80. Without the bystolic my resting pulse is still in the 60s. However, my BP goes up to the high 130s/high 80s.
• Sleep Apnea resolved – I am not snoring nor do I believe I am stopping breathing. I will confirm this later this year. The air pressure from the CPAP machine was making me very uncomfortable; lots of burping. I need to make another appointment with Dr.
• Legs no longer swollen
• Waist size has shrunk – Wearing size 44 pants comfortably and just made it into 42 pants.
• Feet are smaller – I was able to put a pair of dress shoes on that I haven’t been able to wear.
• I stay under 1200 calories a day. Most days around 1000 calories.
• I have a lot more energy
• I can dance, dance and dance
• I can walk up neighborhood hills without having to stop; no longer breathless.
• My incontinence due to my prostatectomy has been resolved.
• I am able to sleep in my bed again. I had been sleeping In an upright chair to be comfortable.
• Dramatically reduced backaches; almost completely gone.

Best wishes,

Ralph

Wow Ralph! You have really gone a long way in a very short time span!!! AWESOME!!!!!! :)

Cheyenne :cool:

I agree; way to go! And I love how positive you are. You remind me that I'm seeing small victories everyday, regardless of the number on the scale. :)

Ralph:
My name is Carolina A. Fernandez. I live in Houston, TX since 2000. I had accomplished many blessings in my health per instance I can breath better and I am able to walk long distances without being out of breath. I had sleep apnea that is gone. I do not take medicine for high cholesterol and triglycerides any more. My waist has decreased from size 20 to 17 in two weeks. That is great.
I feel more secure that I can recover the women that I was one time in my life when I weigh 130 pounds which is my goal again.
I have a better level of self steam.
cordially,
Carolina A. Fernandez

Keep a log of all these measureable improvements

Ralph:
My name is Carolina A. Fernandez. I live in Houston, TX since 2000. I had accomplished many blessings in my health per instance I can breath better and I am able to walk long distances without being out of breath. I had sleep apnea that is gone. I do not take medicine for high cholesterol and triglycerides any more. My waist has decreased from size 20 to 17 in two weeks. That is great.
I feel more secure that I can recover the women that I was one time in my life when I weigh 130 pounds which is my goal again.
I have a better level of self steam.
cordially,
Carolina A. Fernandez

Wow! There you go!

FANTASTIC!

Keep a log of all the improvements; I do. Every now and then I realize another improvement besides weight. I add it to my accomplishments log.

Just the other day I finally walked two miles in one outing. Gee, I have to put that down too now.

:)

By the way, didn't you feel good when you posted all those achievements? Yes, you did!

Ralph

Dear Ralph

Thank you so much for being an inspiration for all of us. Yes I feel much better after I wrote my accomplishments. However; I wish I had more guidance at the time of picking my food. My appointment with the dietician only taught me that I have to drink 48-64 onces of water ad eat 70-80 grams of protein a day. Any menu ideas?????
Thanks again for all your support.
Carolina

Thank you so much for being an inspiration for all of us. Yes I feel much better after I wrote my accomplishments. However; I wish I had more guidance at the time of picking my food. My appointment with the dietician only taught me that I have to drink 48-64 onces of water ad eat 70-80 grams of protein a day. Any menu ideas?????
Thanks again for all your support.
Carolina

Once you are past puree, menu items become trial and error. For openers, soft boiled or hard boiled eggs go down very easy. You probably can do only one for now. In a few months you may be able to do two at a single meal. White bread is very difficult for most of us. No ruffage for the first 3 months. A baked potato (after you had your protein) is good too. What I find is I have my 3 ounces of protein and then I have about enough room for a bite or two of something else such as fruit or veggie. The fruit of choice for me right now is applesauce. Veggies, yes a potato or very soft squash. Again, right now you will be challenged to get much of anything in besides your protein.

I would like to post my list of menu items selected. I can post it as a picture in my albums, which I think you can see.

Now, you can see it by going to Gallery and then selecting album gallery and there you will see my Menu suggested list.

Ralph

Once you are past puree, menu items become trial and error. For openers, soft boiled or hard boiled eggs go down very easy. You probably can do only one for now. In a few months you may be able to do two at a single meal. White bread is very difficult for most of us. No ruffage for the first 3 months. A baked potato (after you had your protein) is good too. What I find is I have my 3 ounces of protein and then I have about enough room for a bite or two of something else such as fruit or veggie. The fruit of choice for me right now is applesauce. Veggies, yes a potato or very soft squash. Again, right now you will be challenged to get much of anything in besides your protein.

I would like to post my list of menu items selected. I can post it as a picture in my albums, which I think you can see.

Ralph

OK I have my menu suggested list in an album, which you should be able to access now.

Back