• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Vitamins, protein suggestions, etc.

Kayla Weir

I have surgery March 5 of this year, I have found 2 proteins I like so far, but I'm not for sure which vitamins are the best. Suggestions?

Congrats on your surgery date! I initially took what was prescribed, the Bariatric Advantage everything for vitamins. I've since changed to the liquid shot of vitamins from Tespo. I love them, they are quick, easy and my blood work says they work amazingly well. :) I hope you find what works for you!

Congrats on your surgery date! I initially took what was prescribed, the Bariatric Advantage everything for vitamins. I've since changed to the liquid shot of vitamins from Tespo. I love them, they are quick, easy and my blood work says they work amazingly well. :) I hope you find what works for you!
My doctor also recommends Bariatric Advantage as well, but I know I'll have to have lots of them so I was seeing if anyone had suggestions on which vitamins are the bestbestest and quickest to take since I'm always on the go at work. Thank you!

I got tespo as well. Though it is my first month and i am only 1 week out post op so i dont know how it works for me yet. I also skipped the machine for now and am just adding them myself to water. I wanted to see if I liked it first before I commit to that. I did add 3 additional vitamins. Calcium chewable, biotin melt, and vit d melt.

Bariatric advantage has good selection of the chewable vitamins ( I prefer berry). Essential fatty acids, joint support complex, and b-100 complex by AmBari are some of my favorites of mine as well, plus the price is very reasonable. As far as shakes and meal replacements go... I like the Bariatric Advantage chocolate and strawberry flavors. That or chocolate salted caramel shake and the chocolate brownie, both are by AmBari. I prefer those because they come in smaller portions than the Bariatric Advantage bags, they can get a bit pricey. Hope this helps :)

-Jeff

I have surgery March 5 of this year, I have found 2 proteins I like so far, but I'm not for sure which vitamins are the best. Suggestions?

I was told there are vitamins especially for people who have had weight loss surgery. Your nutritionist can give you a list of what they are and where to buy them. I was told hospital pharmacy but, I think some specialty vitamins shops may have them also.

Hey there, congratulations on you decision to get healthy. I take the bariatric vitamins they recommend from my doctor's office. They can be a bit pricey too. Haven't branched out much further with additional supplements. Hope you find what works.

Back