• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

What's Your Vitamin Brand of Choice?

JennyWill

Hey everyone. Hope you all are doing well. My surgery is now less than a month away and I've been browsing around at different vitamin choices for after surgery. I was hoping to get some input on which types of vitamins you all use now, and which ones you used immediately post-op while still on the liquid/soft phases of the diet. One of my WLS books mentions Isotonix liquid vitamins. Anyone familiar with those? Also, do you take only the minimum reccomended by your team or do you take anything in addition to those? My pre-op appt. is next week and this is on my question list for my dietician, but I thought I'd get some input from you all to see if there is anything that is highly reccomended. Thanks so much for the input. Have a great day! :)
-Jenny

yuck i take a liquid multi vitamin plus a chewable calcium 3 times a day fruit flavored and the tiny ones i can take the regular ones beta caroteen vitamin d but the other two were to big and gave me stomach achs the bariatric ones arre really yummy try the sample pack befor your surgery i cant afford to order them yet but one day i will hope this helps a bit Shawn

Hi, I take Bariatric Fusion chewables. in addition I take 1000mg of vitamin C and 5000 IU high potency vitamin D. My labs are perfect every time and with the extra vitamin C I find I don't get sick as much or for as long if I do.

Let's see now. I have a hard time with vitamins. I tried liquid vitamins and I gagged. I tried chewables and I gagged. I tried Bariatric Advantage chewables and I really gagged. So even though I was told that gummies don't have enough vitamins in it I take the gummies. Next month I will get my blood tested to see how I am doing with vitamins. I also take B12- sublingual, B6, calcium citrate (Bariatric Advantage chewables) and iron. FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. Have fun choosing.

I like the Bariatric Advantage calcium chews, I also take a multi vitamin that is made by twin lab, i really slacked off on my iron by twin lab and I take a D3 and B12 sublingual every day. Love my calcium chews the best:eek:. Tom

Hi, I use flintstones complete and take calcium citrate petite tablets. But I did try some calcium caramel chews...delicious.

I am taking the bariatric advantage multi chewable as well as B12. I am super sensitive to any artifical flavor etc. so everything tastes super sweet to me. I am taking Calcium with D from GNC. Vitamin A capsule which I have to open and mix with applesauce from Mrs. Greens. I also take iron glucamate from local drug store. I take a powered magnesium which I can put in water and drink which is tastless from Mrs. Greens. I think sometimes you have to try a few to find what works for you. I know as soon as I can get off the chewables I will be happy. I have to take small bites due to the sweetness and nausea they cause. The nutritionist at my surgeons gave me numerous sites to check out. She recommended bariatric advantage, but I think whatever works for you. Mrs Greens is a health food store in NY. I don't know if they are nation wide. I get my protein powder from unjury online. You can speak to a rep who are very helpful. She sent me samples of different vitamins. Good luck.

Hi I HAVE FOUND THAT WHATEVER I TAKE LIKE WHEN I AM MIXING POWDER FROM CAPSULES FOR EX. LEMON CRYSTAL LIGHT IS GREAT. I ALSO USE IT AS A CHASER. IT FINALLY DAWNED ON ME THAT I 'M NOT GOOD ABOUT TAKING ANY MEDS FAITHFULLY WHY SHOULD I EXPECT TO BE CONSISTENT NOW......JUST A FUNNY THOUGHT NOW THAT I HAVE TO. EXPERIMENT NOW WOULD BE MY ADVICE SOME PLACES WILL TAKE THESE PRODUCTS BACK I KNOW PILGRIMS WILL. GREAT TO PREPARE NOW......

Back