• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Abdominal soreness

Renee7878

I am about 5 weeks post op, and over the past couple days I have been having ab pain. Nothing major, it kind of feels like I did an abdominal workout (but I haven't). I haven't started any new exercises so I am at a loss as to why this soreness has started. I mainly feel it when I stand up. The only thing I can think of is that maybe I ate too much or too fast and that has caused it?
Any insights would be greatly appreciated. My next doctor appointment isn't until the 26th so I am hoping whatever this is can wait until then.

My pcp isn’t in the office and her nurse said go to the er. I explained that the pain isn’t bad, just sore, she said she isn’t too familiar with bariatric surgery and it’s probably bad so I should go to the emergency room. The nurse from the surgeon’s office has yet to call me back. I don’t feel it’s urgent I just wanted to talk to the doctor to find out, unfortunately there is no patient portal at her office so it’s kind of frustrating.

It’s no where near intolerable. I went to urgent care today and the doctor didn’t see any sign of infection and didn’t feel any hernias and I had very minimal pain when she was pressing on my abdomen. She seems to think I’ll be ok to wait until my appt. If it gets any worse I’ll definitely go back.

It’s no where near intolerable. I went to urgent care today and the doctor didn’t see any sign of infection and didn’t feel any hernias and I had very minimal pain when she was pressing on my abdomen. She seems to think I’ll be ok to wait until my appt. If it gets any worse I’ll definitely go back.

I have had that a couple of times myself, but for me, I noticed it was a hunger pain. I don't know why hunger has become physically painful to me, but I have learned to listen to my body. I realized that my pain would happen if I forgot to eat for awhile and would disappear once food was consumed.

Is your pain all the time? Have noticed any patterns to it?

I have had that a couple of times myself, but for me, I noticed it was a hunger pain. I don't know why hunger has become physically painful to me, but I have learned to listen to my body. I realized that my pain would happen if I forgot to eat for awhile and would disappear once food was consumed.

Is your pain all the time? Have noticed any patterns to it?
It seems to have gotten better. There really was no pattern it just came on suddenly and now it’s pretty much gone.

Back