• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Advice?

I am also concerned about that. I tend to "Hoover" my food. Trying to work on that now. Having surgery on 10-15. Hope all continues to go well for you! I'll be following you for inspiration!

Any advice for me? I just got the sleeve about a week ago and I am doing well, but it's still hard not to eat quickly and stretch it out. Feeling worried I'll ruin it.

Welcome and congrats on your surgery. Are you already onto solid foods? I had RNY so my experience is a little different but I've found that if I eat too fast or don't chew well, I pay the price for a few minutes. The food will be stuck in my lower esophagus "waiting" to proceed and move into my pouch. So it's not easy to eat quickly anymore. As much as it's uncomfortable, I think it's a huge bonus of the surgery, making me eat more mindfully.

One tip I read was to pick up some baby-sized forks and spoons and use them for a while to regulate your bite sizes.

Hopefully some sleevers will also reply about their experience in this regard. Good luck!

Back