• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Am i on track

I had my VSG on 12/5/22 started day of surgery at 347 and today I'm at 288 anfmd I'm not sure I'm on track I keep hearing everyone say that the more you weigh you loose quicker and more so why am I not weighing less? Iam happy with my loss as I feel great but I feel as though I should be loosing more. My scale is stuck fluctuates between 293 and 288 so the same lbs are coming and going I'm so frustrated

You're doing great. You're losing weight. Make sure you're eating right so your nutritional balance is in check. It takes as much time as it takes. Even though my weight loss was fast, I then stalled for many months. You already did what you need to do. Now your job is to take care of yourself. Take a walk around the block. Dance in front of the tv. Go to the gym and swim laps. Offer to babysit and chase kids around and lift them up above your head like they're bouncing up on a trampoline. In other words, if you aren't satisfied with your rate of weight loss, Use and Lose. Use your body more, move, move move. and Lose: toss out any high-carb, low nutrient foods and focus on healthy greens, high proteins and drink 8 glasses of water a day. Water helps move food through the body, turns it more quickly into stool and then dumps it out.

Maybe most important: DO NOT COMPARE YOURSELF TO ANYONE ELSE, EVER, FOR ANY REASON. If you have that much time to think, read books of affirmations, work on journaling your thoughts, and when you have a negative thought, zap it with a positive one.

Read this book:

It's a diet from negative thinking.

Once you've started to stop focusing so much attention on yourself and beating yourself up, go volunteer at a senior center or library or any civic organization where you're improving someone else's life.

Hi, It sounds to me you are doing great. I had VSG on January 9, and have decreased to 205 from 254. At my 3 month appointment, the physician assistant for the surgeon advised me my weight loss surpassed average and I was doing great. She also stressed each person loses weight at different speeds post surgery. If you feel uncertain, I would recommend checking in with your physician assistant or doctor. Right now, I am going through a plateau phase which the PA also advised me is normal, so I'm not going to stress about being "stuck" at the same weight since I'm eating the right things and listening to my doctor's PA.

Back