• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Annoyed

April1980

I've lost 77 pounds since May 30th and I mean I get that's a lot but I still have 50 or 60 that I want gone. My surgeon said that it's going to be hard & acted surprised by my goal and I get that it's hard work but I'm not happy with my results yet. You'd think he'd be more supportive and not have that jaw dropping surprised look. I did this to be healthy & active again and I'm so much more healthy now and even spent hours walking nonstop at the zoo in the heat today up hill both ways pushing a 50 pound kid. The thing is I also want to look in the mirror and not see what I currently see, I don't give a darn about loose skin but I didn't go this far to be round. I'd like to be and maintain a weight that is not considered overweight or obese. I feel like I've been discouraged by my surgeons reaction. Am I expecting too much of myself? I push myself and I've been having fun setting and meeting goals. I've even started P90X3 at home to see how strong and healthy I can get my body. Granted I can not make it through an entire 30 minute workout yet but I'm training my body/muscles so I feel good about any progress I make.

I've lost 77 pounds since May 30th and I mean I get that's a lot but I still have 50 or 60 that I want gone. My surgeon said that it's going to be hard & acted surprised by my goal and I get that it's hard work but I'm not happy with my results yet. You'd think he'd be more supportive and not have that jaw dropping surprised look. I did this to be healthy & active again and I'm so much more healthy now and even spent hours walking nonstop at the zoo in the heat today up hill both ways pushing a 50 pound kid. The thing is I also want to look in the mirror and not see what I currently see, I don't give a darn about loose skin but I didn't go this far to be round. I'd like to be and maintain a weight that is not considered overweight or obese. I feel like I've been discouraged by my surgeons reaction. Am I expecting too much of myself? I push myself and I've been having fun setting and meeting goals. I've even started P90X3 at home to see how strong and healthy I can get my body. Granted I can not make it through an entire 30 minute workout yet but I'm training my body/muscles so I feel good about any progress I make.

Hi April and congratulations on your amazing progress! I understand where you're coming from, I've lost 111 pounds but still need to loose 25 more to be at a "normal" BMI. I really want to reach that goal & with the tool of WLS, believe I can.

Don't let your surgeon's reaction get to you. As long as you aren't underweight, becoming unhealthy in the opposite direction, keep with it. Most surgeons consider a surgery a success if we loose 60% of our excess weight. So the bar is somewhat low. Kudos for you for pushing yourself past that!

Back