• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Are You Serious!

Debinva

I was so excited to get my first call from the bariatric coordinator to set up my first consultation with the surgeon. The first date I could get would be November 18. She told me that with my insurances that I would be 100% covered, but it will take seven months! I was prepared for that but when I ask her when the seven months started which I thought would be when I saw the surgeon she said no when I was there I would make an appointment for my first visit with their diet team I can’t exactly remember what she called it so I said OK but then proceeded to ask her about how long that might be to book that appointment. Imagine my surprise when she said they are booking out into January now!!!!! I think I made her repeat that three times LOL so another words my insurance required seven months won’t even start until January or February! Are you serious we’re talking a year away !!!!!! I told her honey at my age I don’t even make appointments much more than two days in advance!!!! Lol Might look into a different hospital and hour away!!!
Anyone else experienced this???

Not knowing how old you are. If Medicare it shouldn't be that long. I would call your insurance and get the facts yourself. Are there other hospital in your area that preforms this procedure? Hope it's sooner for you. It took me about 6-7 months to schedule and get my surgery date. Good luck!

Are you serious we’re talking a year away !!!!!!
Anyone else experienced this???

Hi and welcome. A year does sound really long. I would get everything booked just in case but yeah, look into another surgeon/hospital that may have a faster program. It may be worth a little drive if they can shave months off the wait. Good luck!

Back