• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Back To Work

Nicelady

I will heading back to work on Tuesday. I going really early so I have never been a breakfast person, lunch is a sometime if I think about it.
I need to get my daily allotment of calories in now so no more skipping meal. I would like any suggestions on how to do this with my work schedule.

I will heading back to work on Tuesday. I going really early so I have never been a breakfast person, lunch is a sometime if I think about it.
I need to get my daily allotment of calories in now so no more skipping meal. I would like any suggestions on how to do this with my work schedule.
I never ate breakfast or lunch before either but now I do my protein shakes. Quick and convenient. Other handy things are cheese sticks and fruit with single serve peanut butter cups to dip. High protein things that you can just throw in your purse or bag. These are also all easy to eat at your desk if you can't break away. If you can, set a timer for every 15-20 minutes to remind yourself to drink your fluids. I bring in a 32 oz insulated tumbler to keep my water cold & polish off at least 1 in the morning and 1 more in the afternoon.

Good luck getting back to your normal routine!

I never ate breakfast or lunch before either but now I do my protein shakes. Quick and convenient. Other handy things are cheese sticks and fruit with single serve peanut butter cups to dip. High protein things that you can just throw in your purse or bag. These are also all easy to eat at your desk if you can't break away. If you can, set a timer for every 15-20 minutes to remind yourself to drink your fluids. I bring in a 32 oz insulated tumbler to keep my water cold & polish off at least 1 in the morning and 1 more in the afternoon.

Good luck getting back to your normal routine!
Thank you. I don’t even think about small convenience meals and the timer. When I focusing on work I tend to forget other things.

Last edited:
Thank you. I don’t even think about small convenience meals and the timer. When I focusing on work I tend to forget other things.
I am the same way. I forget to get up and move and just zone in on the work I am doing. I don't know if you have a work email/calendar but you can also put it on your work calendar (I use outlook) and it will pop up reminders on my screen so that I see it then and there and know to move/eat/drink.

Well this was my first week back to work. 4 week in from having my sleeve. I should have taken the full 6 weeks off.
It has been a struggle. Still no energy still feeling a little tilted. My first day back I worked way to many hours 10.
All I want to say is, take your time going back to work if you can. If the doctor says off 6 weeks take it.
I thought if I got back into my daily routine I would feel better.( NOT)

Well this was my first week back to work. 4 week in from having my sleeve. I should have taken the full 6 weeks off.
It has been a struggle. Still no energy still feeling a little tilted. My first day back I worked way to many hours 10.
All I want to say is, take your time going back to work if you can. If the doctor says off 6 weeks take it.
I thought if I got back into my daily routine I would feel better.( NOT)
This makes me nervous lol. I am scheduled to return to work on the 16th and that is after 4 weeks off. I am going nuts now wishing I had more to do because recovering is so boring! But I know that once I am back at work, it is going to wipe me out. Between 2 hrs commuting time each day, 9 hours at work, 2 hours walking/working out, 1 hour getting ready for work, time to eat, and all that, I will only have time left to sleep! Oh, the joys of being an adult :rolleyes:

Back