• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

bad heart burn

Kulord

Surgery was 8 31 2020, the most major discomfort I'm having right now is heartburn at least that's what I think it is. It seems if I could belch I would feel better but they only come in tiny bit of air. I sure hope this is something that will pass. Hart burn medication relief seems to be temporary in nature three hours at best.

Which surgery did you have? Did they put you on omeprazole after surgery? Are you just taking in liquids right now? When does it seem to happen? If it feels like it a bit of a lump that could clear up wtih a burp, that has happened to me if I drink or eat too much and/or too fast. I think it's a bit of an overfull pouch. It usually clears up and isn't as acid burning as reflux usually is.

Regardless, you might want to give your doctor/surgeon a call and describe what's going on, if you haven't already.

Which surgery did you have? Did they put you on omeprazole after surgery? Are you just taking in liquids right now? When does it seem to happen? If it feels like it a bit of a lump that could clear up wtih a burp, that has happened to me if I drink or eat too much and/or too fast. I think it's a bit of an overfull pouch. It usually clears up and isn't as acid burning as reflux usually is.

Regardless, you might want to give your doctor/surgeon a call and describe what's going on, if you haven't already.
My doctor put me on reflux med after surgery, 2 years later I am suffering from GERD (acid reflux) terrible. Scheduled to see a gastro next month to put a tube in to see what's going on and he said he may need to stretch my esophagus. I hope he can make it better, as it causes all kinds of pains and issues.

Talk to the doc. I had my meds doubled due to issues but since it hasn't really been a problem. You can also use tums in addition to. My doc also prescribed some other med that works like tums that I could take before meals to help coat things.

I still struggle with the need to burp feeling at times. I am taking less gas x though so I increase it again when it bothers me.

Back