• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Constipation

Wow maybe that could be a alternative to the bowel prep for a colonoscopy. Lol it is a total cleanse and tastes horrible but you will eventually have water clear as when it went in come out. Lol

I have suffered with chronic constipation for nearly three years since my colon surgery I now take Mira lax three times a day, docusate stool softener twice a day, smooth move tea in the evening. This week I am starting Linzessbas well.

Ok...someone already took the topic if Diarrhea, so i want to discuss the opposite. This has been a terrible problem for me since my operation 11 weeks ago. I used to be able to set my clocks by my bowel movements because I used to be so regular.
Miralax does nothing. I tried Metamucil once. Big mistake! That type of fiber expands in your stomach and intestines. Hurt like heck and didn't work. Milk of Magnesia does work, but it is explosive and lasts all day. Enemas and suppositories nothing.
I drink the water and have a great mix of veggies- kale, broccoli, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, zucchini. I don't eat fruit because of the sugar. When I do it is a half banana. Does the protein cause this? My doctor recommended taking my water up to 90 ounces and using Miralax. My question is: does anyone else have this issue? And, what do you use for fiber? Thanks!
I am a month and two weeks out post surgery. I told my doctor that I was having trouble with constipation and he told me not to worry because I am not eating enough protein or fiber to make a bowel movement. Take it easy on yourself. If you're not swollen or uncomfortable I would see how your bowel habits change. It hasn't been too long you're still healing.

Back