• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Countdown has began!!

After being rescheduled twice I finally got a date for March 9th. I am so happy. The only thing I have left to do is my covid test on the 4th. I'm so EXCITED!!! I just have a few more items to stock up on.
Congrats I also just got my surgery date for March 9 at 9:30 AM. I started my preoperative diet on the 23rd and I found it difficult. How have you been doing with yours? What protein shakes did you like best. They limited to one 300 cal meal to proteins shakes two snacks?

My surgery time is 10 o'clock am so I have to be there at 8:00am. I only have to do my liquid diet for 1 week so I start that on March 2nd, I'm so not looking forward to that. My first surgery date was Feb 1st but everything wasn't complete then they gave me Feb 22nd and I really wanted that date but my doctor had a emergency. Now its March 9th and it looks like everything is a go. I did get a little depressed about everything getting pushed back but I have friends and family that motivates me and I couldn't ask for a better group around me.

WOOHOO Congratulations! Mine is scheduled for 3/21. I have a 10 day pre-op diet which falls on a Friday. I might start it earlier because I feel like it would be harder to get started over a weekend. I find it easier to stick with healthy eating during the work week so I feel it would be the same for the pre-op diet. Good luck to all of us!

I
I'm doing the Premier Protein Shakes that I love but I don't start my liquid diet until March 2nd
Congrats on getting your date - it's gonna be here so quickly. Which flavors of Premier Protein do you like? I've found cinnamon roll, strawberries & cream, and the caramel are really tasty. And Pure Protein chocolate peanut butter almost taste like a liquid Reese cup. Yum!

Back