• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Exercise for bad knees

Phinxy86

So my knees have really been hurting the past week...hard to do stairs to let my dog out, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Are there any knee friendly exercises that don't have me on the floor? Walking is the bain of my existence...so boring. I was doing some dancing which I'm hoping I can find some upper torso cardio stuff to do but I'm stalled right now.

I have been looking at exercises for once I am able to do them. Check out Streamfit on youtube. They have a lot of options and there are even some videos specifically for knee pain. Here is the original video I saw that drew me in, because I am with you on the knee pain. My right knee wants to keep me from my goals but I have to find a way around it. Hopefully this helps!

I have been looking at exercises for once I am able to do them. Check out Streamfit on youtube. They have a lot of options and there are even some videos specifically for knee pain. Here is the original video I saw that drew me in, because I am with you on the knee pain. My right knee wants to keep me from my goals but I have to find a way around it. Hopefully this helps!
Wow, that looks great!

So my knees have really been hurting the past week...hard to do stairs to let my dog out, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Are there any knee friendly exercises that don't have me on the floor? Walking is the bain of my existence...so boring. I was doing some dancing which I'm hoping I can find some upper torso cardio stuff to do but I'm stalled right now.

Water exercise helps take the weight off ur knees for u to be able to move normally

I have had 2 total knee replacements, so I know about sore knees! Water walking is great for the knees since you are getting extra resistance and the water gives you buoyancy to keep the strain off the knees. My physical therapist was impressed with the speed of recovery and said it was probable due to the water. Good luck !

My Nutritionist has suggested Chair Yoga . There are a lot of different ones on You Tube for Free. Look for ones that say Beginner /Seniors and ones by Sherry Zak . I have MS and Scoliosis and haven't been able to exercise in years and even I can do this. Plus if you can access a heated pool and just walk around in the water on the shallow end that will help too, since you float pretty much as a result of being in water.

Back