• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Four Days Out and Counting

Holly56

I am home, all went as expected, and had the gastric bypass with hiatal hernia correction. I am well taken care of, with a major supply of water, sugar free juices, etc..., jello, and broth.

But, I am seriously missing food. I am hoping to find some positive support in this area. I know it is phantom hunger, but am hoping for support to get through these first two weeks. I want toast or something like that! Aaargh, I just need to make it to Monday to add some pudding. See this is why I am in this position in the first place.

I am home, all went as expected, and had the gastric bypass with hiatal hernia correction. I am well taken care of, with a major supply of water, sugar free juices, etc..., jello, and broth.

But, I am seriously missing food. I am hoping to find some positive support in this area. I know it is phantom hunger, but am hoping for support to get through these first two weeks. I want toast or something like that! Aaargh, I just need to make it to Monday to add some pudding. See this is why I am in this position in the first place.
Hi Holly,

This is definitely a hard stage but keep reminding yourself how temporary it is. Try to get your mind off eating and keep your hands busy. Perhaps start looking online at clothes that you'd like to be able to wear once you're thinner and/or start a vision board. Plan a dream vacation that you may or may not actually take once you hit goal.

Also at only 4 days in, you're probably still beat all the time too. Nap all you can! As twisted as it sounds, the less time you're awake, the less you'll be thinking about food. You can get through this!!!

Back