• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Foxy

After the sleep test what comes next?
I can give you the requirement checklist from my surgical weight loss center if this might help. Fyi I had my pcp schedule a sleep study before I could be accepted into the program. At the time my bmi was between 35 & 39.9, and insurance required 2 co-morbidities. I only had 1, high blood pressure, so having a diagnosis of sleep apnea allowed me to start the process of program requirements. Once I was accepted, ironically it turned out that I was 2" shorter than I was in my younger years, so now my bmi was 40. No co-morbidities were required after all.

My program did not require a sleep study. The requirements were:

Letter of support from my pcp

6 monthly flowsheets from my pcp documenting specific diet & exercise attempts

Initial wt loss educational group seminar by the surgeon

General appointment by the weight loss team

Blood work & baseline labs

Support group monthly meeting (1 mtg required attendance)

Psychological evaluation (3 total - q&a session, psych test, and psych test results)

Dietary class

Chest X-ray & EKG

Cardiolite Stress Test

Upper endoscopy

10-15 recommended weight loss (not required for my bmi) + exercise

1200 calories daily

Hope this helps a little to give you an idea of possible requirements. Good luck to you.

I can give you the requirement checklist from my surgical weight loss center if this might help. Fyi I had my pcp schedule a sleep study before I could be accepted into the program. At the time my bmi was between 35 & 39.9, and insurance required 2 co-morbidities. I only had 1, high blood pressure, so having a diagnosis of sleep apnea allowed me to start the process of program requirements. Once I was accepted, ironically it turned out that I was 2" shorter than I was in my younger years, so now my bmi was 40. No co-morbidities were required after all.

My program did not require a sleep study. The requirements were:

Letter of support from my pcp

6 monthly flowsheets from my pcp documenting specific diet & exercise attempts

Initial wt loss educational group seminar by the surgeon

General appointment by the weight loss team

Blood work & baseline labs

Support group monthly meeting (1 mtg required attendance)

Psychological evaluation (3 total - q&a session, psych test, and psych test results)

Dietary class

Chest X-ray & EKG

Cardiolite Stress Test

Upper endoscopy

10-15 recommended weight loss (not required for my bmi) + exercise

1200 calories daily

Hope this helps a little to give you an idea of possible requirements. Good luck to you.

Back