• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello Everyone

metcalfem1

Hello, my name is Melissa and I am a little over halfway through my 6 month pre-op adventure. I know that support is extremely helpful when going through this type of life-altering change and I appreciate everyone that is on this site for that reason.

Welcome to the group! Congrats on your progress so far :) Which surgery will you be having? What prompted you to decide on bariatric surgery? If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to share as we are happy to help and support you anyway we can.

Welcome to the group! Congrats on your progress so far :) Which surgery will you be having? What prompted you to decide on bariatric surgery? If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to share as we are happy to help and support you anyway we can.
Thank you so much! I am getting the gastric sleeve surgery. I've always been overweight and throughout my life I have tried what feels like a hundred different ways to lose weight. At the beginning of the year my PCP put me on Saxenda and it was fantastic. Unfortunately insurance won't cover it, so I came to another dead end. Shortly after that, one of my friends from high school posted on Facebook that she had gotten the gastric sleeve surgery done. I talked with her about her experience and decided that it was worth looking into. After all my research and going through the different classes I decided this was right for me.

Back