• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Help!

Start small. Don’t try to change everything at once. Are you getting all your water in? Try increasing your water intake first. That should reduce your hunger. Trying to correct everything at once is overwhelming.

When you see the dietician tell her you are going to work on your water and excercise. The six months is about behavior modification, not how much weight you can lose.

When I started my journey I was tired of hurting,the shortness of air,not being able to do normal life daily living,the self pity,self hate and depression!! I had to learn a new way to live a new relationship with myself and food to really understand that "Life is worth Living and Loving. Good luck on your Journey don't give up you can do this one day at a time my friend!!!

When I started my journey I was tired of hurting,the shortness of air,not being able to do normal life daily living,the self pity,self hate and depression!! I had to learn a new way to live a new relationship with myself and food to really understand that "Life is worth Living and Loving. Good luck on your Journey don't give up you can do this one day at a time my friend!!!
I did start walking but my eating habits need work.

Start small. Don’t try to change everything at once. Are you getting all your water in? Try increasing your water intake first. That should reduce your hunger. Trying to correct everything at once is overwhelming.

When you see the dietician tell her you are going to work on your water and excercise. The six months is about behavior modification, not how much weight you can lose.

Still new at this myself but I totally agree. My first appointment I was asked to only pick two things to work on for the first month. Other things that have helped me:
  1. Focus on your successes to stay motivated and forgive your slips.
  2. Be patient, and know that it gets easier with time
  3. Enjoy your healthy meals. I use PInterest to find great, protein recipes. Looking forward to a tasty meal helps me to not think so much of snacks.

Still new at this myself but I totally agree. My first appointment I was asked to only pick two things to work on for the first month. Other things that have helped me:
  1. Focus on your successes to stay motivated and forgive your slips.
  2. Be patient, and know that it gets easier with time
  3. Enjoy your healthy meals. I use PInterest to find great, protein recipes. Looking forward to a tasty meal helps me to not think so much of snacks.
Great advice Pam!!!

Back in March I started I was 474 pounds I brought a fit-bit and started walking for thirty mins a day I gave up one thing a week starting with potatoes chips and ice cream you have to talk to yourself I know it sounds crazy but every time my inner voice would want some chips I would talk to him and work it out and I stopped eating out cook your own food so you know whats in it I have my surgery on the 10 of October now my weight is 398 I`m on day 5 of the liquid diet hardest thing I have done in my life but I will make it and so will you

Back in March I started I was 474 pounds I brought a fit-bit and started walking for thirty mins a day I gave up one thing a week starting with potatoes chips and ice cream you have to talk to yourself I know it sounds crazy but every time my inner voice would want some chips I would talk to him and work it out and I stopped eating out cook your own food so you know whats in it I have my surgery on the 10 of October now my weight is 398 I`m on day 5 of the liquid diet hardest thing I have done in my life but I will make it and so will you

Congratulations on 76 pounds!!! That's incredible! And even before surgery? Great work! You've got a great attitude about everything, you're going to be very successful on this journey. Surgery in 10 days? Let us know if you have any questions and please keep us posted about how you're doing. :)

WOW 76 lbs before surgery. It sounds like you ready got this down.

Hi! I’m going through the 6 month wait I have completed my first month. I am having trouble with my eating habits. I afraid i do want to continue but not sure if I lost much.

I agree with everyone else. You just need to take it one step at a time and not make the entire leap all at once. I changed one thing every two weeks. First gave up caffeine (supplemented with B12), then made sure my water intake was at least 64 oz a day, then added protein in to my breakfast, followed by adding a fruit in with the breakfast. I then tweaked my lunch so that the protein was increased and a vegetable was introduced. I then started changing my dinners by looking for healthier recipes or simply looking for healthier ingredients for the recipes I loved. (BLT was now a lettuce wrap and the bacon was turkey, but still delicious if a little messier lol). I just took one change at a time until I realized by makins the small changes, the bigger changes had already happened. When it was time to give up fast food, I realized I hadn't had any fast food in the three months prior so it was done! The one thing I didn't do well with was portion control, but the surgery itself will take care of that for you so I didn't worry about it too much. Good luck and let us know how you progress!

Back