• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hey y’all! Been awhile!!

3momchaos

Ok so life got the better of me and I haven’t posted or been around for a long while. But I’m still doing mostly well. My 2 year post op way back in October went well. I’ve gained a little back from my lowest, but anyone who knows my fibromyalgia diagnosis after surgery story knows that I did NOT like how low my weight got. I looked sick, and honestly I felt sick. Gaining back 10 pounds really hasn’t bothered me, or my pants LOL
However, I’ve been having some upper abdominal pains since the beginning of the year. I thought it was the slight overeating or rich foods from the holidays. But when the pains wouldn’t go away, and last week I woke up feeling like someone was twisting a knife into my left side, I figured it was time to reach out to my bari office.
I had an endoscopy this morning. No ulcers, no hernias, everything from the surgery looks great still. However, I’ve got bile reflux (gallbladder was removed with surgery in 2020) in the jejunum where it really shouldn’t be! Next step is an X-ray series with contrast. I’ll probably have that next week. My surgeon wants to be sure there’s nothing twisted or blocked causing the reflux.
I haven’t been building anything recently because I can’t do that in cold weather haha But I’m planning on getting back to it when the weather warms up. Other than that, life is crazy with my 3 kids and keeping up with their activities.

Back