• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

How is everyone doing?

Pink Julie

I used to love coming to this website, but all this spam is totally ruining it for me, it’s overrun with spam, it’s very annoying!
How is everyone doing?
I’m 6 months out now, and I am feeling much stronger and getting back to normal. I’ve managed to stabilize my weight, but I can eat more now, thank goodness. I go line dancing 3 nights a week, and I treat myself to an adult beverage once a week too ;)
I have lost, and am still losing quite a bit of hair, I hope that stops soon.
Just a little update!

I used to love coming to this website, but all this spam is totally ruining it for me, it’s overrun with spam, it’s very annoying!
How is everyone doing?
I’m 6 months out now, and I am feeling much stronger and getting back to normal. I’ve managed to stabilize my weight, but I can eat more now, thank goodness. I go line dancing 3 nights a week, and I treat myself to an adult beverage once a week too ;)
Just a little update!
Great to hear from you Julie! I'm glad that you're finding your new "normal", I know it's been a long road.

The spam is getting to me too! It's taking too much time to sort through all of it to find the rare posts where someone is actually reaching out. So I'm staying away more lately too. It's really unfortunate that this site isn't monitored better. :(

Anyway... super glad to hear you're doing well. Oh & my hair loss has started to slow down the past couple weeks (can tell from the shower drain) so hopefully yours will too! :)

Glad to hear you are doing well. My hair was thinning before my surgery. For now I have it cut really short, and have been looking at some really cute wigs. This spam issue is causing issues. I’m missing posting. And there seem to be a new one. When you block the users it stops you from seeing post. It sucks.

How is everyone doing?
Just a little update!
Congrats on finding your new normal! I'm glad your weight is stabilizing and you have stopped losing when you didn't need to ;)
While I have adjusted well, it still is a novelty and hasn't kicked in that this is what life will be from here on out. But I think it helps that I have found some amazing recipes to keep a variety of foods coming my way. I just have to make sure not to get too big of a variety because I can only eat so much!
I went out to lunch with my coworkers on Halloween. It was my first time out and managed it well. My kids meal ended up lasting me three meals so I can say it was worth the money, lol. It was worrisome when I got there because I was afraid I wouldn't find something I liked and was part of my allowed foods. Glad it turned out a little easier than I was expecting.
I noticed today that I have entered the losing hair stage. Secretly I'm hoping that it is a fluke but I have a feeling that is not the case. Unfortunately, I already have very thin hair so I don't feel like I have much to lose. But, I have already decided that if this happens as bad as I see it in my head, I am cutting it short and buying a purple wig, lol. We will see! :p

Congrats on finding your new normal! I'm glad your weight is stabilizing and you have stopped losing when you didn't need to ;)
While I have adjusted well, it still is a novelty and hasn't kicked in that this is what life will be from here on out. But I think it helps that I have found some amazing recipes to keep a variety of foods coming my way. I just have to make sure not to get too big of a variety because I can only eat so much!
I went out to lunch with my coworkers on Halloween. It was my first time out and managed it well. My kids meal ended up lasting me three meals so I can say it was worth the money, lol. It was worrisome when I got there because I was afraid I wouldn't find something I liked and was part of my allowed foods. Glad it turned out a little easier than I was expecting.
I noticed today that I have entered the losing hair stage. Secretly I'm hoping that it is a fluke but I have a feeling that is not the case. Unfortunately, I already have very thin hair so I don't feel like I have much to lose. But, I have already decided that if this happens as bad as I see it in my head, I am cutting it short and buying a purple wig, lol. We will see! :p
Good for you! I said I would get a pink wig if I needed to, I’m not there yet, fingers crossed I won’t have to. Quite a lot falls out every time I wash my hair. But I mustn’t complain, I feel better than I have for a long time.:)

So glad you are doing well. I was just thinking about you yesterday Julie, that you had not posted in a while. It is has been a crazy week so I had not been on here either.

I just had my 3 month anniversary and I have dropped a total of 40lbs. so I am glad about that. I have not had any complication so far. Very grateful for that.

I think my hair is starting to fall out as well. I now have to clean my brush daily. I am definitely not opposed to getting a wig if needed. I have been stashing a little cash aside just in case. I hear they can be expensive???

I sure hope everyone else is doing well. I have also hit ignore on the spammers.
40lbs is great Mimi, you will have to update your photo! :)

My gosh when does this hair loss begin? I was told biotin doesn't help. I also told it will grow back. Doesn't all the protein help and calcium help? Yikes not liking this!!
My doctor said if there is going to be hair loss, it usually occurs between months 3-6 :( I was also told it was due to protein deficiency. So if that piece of info is correct, and you are hitting your protein goals, in theory it shouldn't happen.... but then I have also heard it is simply because of the trauma your body goes through. So i honestly have no idea what works and what doesn't! I'm just going to see what happens as it won't do me any good to worry over it now.

How is everyone doing?
Just a little update!
I know what you mean by the over run of spam. I hope I do as well as you have. I am still at the stage where certain smells and after I eat of being sick to my stomach. I will be glad when that is over with.
Hopefully in the next few months I can start to feeler stronger and not so tired. I am just 5 post op.

Good for you! I said I would get a pink wig if I needed to, I’m not there yet, fingers crossed I won’t have to. Quite a lot falls out every time I wash my hair. But I mustn’t complain, I feel better than I have for a long time.:)
If I am not being to noisy about how many months after surgery did you start to lose your hair. My hair is already pretty thin before I had surgery.
I am going on 5 weeks post op. Any information I would really appreciate. Thank you

If I am not being to noisy about how many months after surgery did you start to lose your hair. My hair is already pretty thin before I had surgery.
I am going on 5 weeks post op. Any information I would really appreciate. Thank you
I’m meeting my protein requirements and taking my vitamins, hair loss started at around 3 months, I’m at 6 months now and still losing loads. It’s getting quite alarming. I’ve always had very pretty hair, now it’s all thin :(

I’m meeting my protein requirements and taking my vitamins, hair loss started at around 3 months, I’m at 6 months now and still losing loads. It’s getting quite alarming. I’ve always had very pretty hair, now it’s all thin :(
I’m sorry to hear that. My hair was thin before surgery. I think it had something to do with menopause so
I keep it cut really short, and have been wig shopping.
there some really cute one at there.

Back