• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Husband reality check

Oh boy my husband is realizing some things..
Possible hair loss, liquid diet interfering with going out to eat, and what I’m eating on Thanksgiving (my sleeve is November 13.)
I am determined and prepared.
He is a bit fretful.
You have your hands full, lol. Possible hair loss is definitely a concern for most of us. After surgery if you focus on getting your liquids in and hitting your protein goal, hopefully you can avoid that (that was my focus). If hair loss happens, from what I have read it seems to happen around months 3-6 after surgery. But if it does, there are always options!

Going out to eat will be difficult. Honestly I have only gone out once since my surgery and that was for a comedy night with my family. I made sure to do my meal before going and I sat there through the meal and enjoyed the company instead of the food. It turned out really good because everyone was complaining about how bad the food was, lol.

And Thanksgiving will be difficult. It will even be difficult for me. Just remember to enjoy the day, the family, the friends, the football games, and remember what you are thankful for. With your determination and being prepared, you shouldn't have any issues. You've got this! Good luck (although I don't think you will need it, but just in case ;))

You have your hands full, lol. Possible hair loss is definitely a concern for most of us. After surgery if you focus on getting your liquids in and hitting your protein goal, hopefully you can avoid that (that was my focus). If hair loss happens, from what I have read it seems to happen around months 3-6 after surgery. But if it does, there are always options!

Going out to eat will be difficult. Honestly I have only gone out once since my surgery and that was for a comedy night with my family. I made sure to do my meal before going and I sat there through the meal and enjoyed the company instead of the food. It turned out really good because everyone was complaining about how bad the food was, lol.

And Thanksgiving will be difficult. It will even be difficult for me. Just remember to enjoy the day, the family, the friends, the football games, and remember what you are thankful for. With your determination and being prepared, you shouldn't have any issues. You've got this! Good luck (although I don't think you will need it, but just in case ;))
Beautiful encouragement and thank you!

Back