• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I had a break down

mayoung66

I'm 8 days on pre op liquids. Since my surgery was approved in North Carolina (prior to relocating), I had to fly in from Texas. Otherwise, my insurance company told me I would have to start the whole process over. I'm not doing that. Well anyway, I left my protein shakes and BP meds at home. I was trying to hold on until I got to Asheville, but I began to feel light headed and sick. Sooooo, I ate 2 scramble eggs from in the airport. And to top it off, I missed my connecting flight due to airplane maintenance. Do I feel bad about eating those eggs??? Sort of, but not to the point I'm going to allow myself to be sick. I will continue to drink my water and get back on course when I arrive I Asheville.

You can take Bill's word as gospel. You are going to be fine. Don't even think about the one thing that you believe you did wrong. You're still here aren't you? Obviously you didn't do anything wrong. Stick to your eating plan now but don't worry if you have to make a quick emergency substitution. There's nothing wrong with it as long as you can digest it.

I don't think I welcomes you properly when you first showed up, so welcome. I have people in Chapel Hill, Southern Pines and Aberdeen, although they are from marriage not blood relatives. My ex-husband is dead now and in fact his mother just died. So I don't really have as many connections as I wish I had, including being able to help heal the rift my son's half-brother has caused. Life. Sometimes it sucks.

I was overwhelmed thinking my surgery is going to be canceled because of what I ate. This pre op liquid diet is so restricted.
You'll be good to go, it's not going to cancel anything. If it was less than 12 hours before your surgery, that might be another story, but just eating something like that won't be a problem. My pre-op diet wasn't liquids only, so it's not going to upset the apple cart because you had some eggs.

Don't beat yourself up about it. Bet back on track until surgery and you will be good to go.

I think you’ll be ok a couple of eggs isn’t going to hurt it’s protein at least . When I was pre- op I was allowed a Healthy Choice tv dinner every night along with liquids so you should be ok
I put crackers in the broth from cups of noodles. The packs wasn't doing anything for me. Had surgery 2 years ago but having problem with acid relux (Gerd). Its horrible dealing with it.

Back