• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I keep throwing up

What portion size are you eating? I had to start with 2 tablespoons (or approx 1 oz) when I got to solid food. Also, I only ate solid food for dinner. I stuck with puree or liquid for everything else. Make sure you are eating slowly and chewing your food 25-30 times. Or until it reaches puree consistency.
As always, if you are having issues, call your team.

Hi, Sorry to hear you are experiencing so much vomiting. If you received your sleeve on 4/3, perhaps you are trying chicken out too early in your recovery phase(?) According to my surgeon's recovery schedule, I could not try chicken until at least one month after my sleeve surgical date. I started with applesauce, added yogurt and oatmeal, and slowly worked my way to trying seafood before trying out chicken. It so happens that I am 3 months out from my surgery and sometimes still experiencing problems with chicken (where I vomit after eating some). So I decided to wait several weeks before trying chicken again to see if that helps. I hope you feel better soon!

Back